Bucket systems????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

METALMOVER420

Reaction score
What is everyones oppinions on various hydro bucket systems like the water farms or the like.Im wanting relatvely low maetinance, individual bucket systems for different strains I have most knowledge in soil gardening outdoor mostly.Iam currently vegging by hand watering in rockwool pellets and using B.C. nutes My wife would really like to construct these so maybe even a sight where to go. Thanks in advance...:confused:

:eek: MAn did you ever open yourself up for some good answers,,,ALLL kinds ofem.:D Im voting that DWC wins,,but I mostly am just trying to get some **** started.:ignore:

Is dwc considered hydroponics or aeroponics? I have read aeroponics is a bit tougher,again im a soil guy but think im getting the hang of it.What kind of nutes you using I was thinking about g.h. products seemed pretty simple .

IMO, DWC is as simple as it gets. DWC is is a hydroponics method, as is aeroponics a hydroponic method. Aeroponics employs the use of water pumps, mister, and timers--all components that fail far more often than air pumps, which last practically forever. I have only had one fail in many years of doing DWC.

If you decide on DWC, I will be happy to help where I can. When I first started this, I purchased a premade DWC "system" and an aero cloner. After that I made all my DWC projects myself. There is just nothing to it.

It really is as simple as it gets!! Change your chemicals, check your water level and sit back and wait.. (well, there is a little more to it than that) No mess and easy clean p, oh yeah, can't forget the quality bud..

dwc IS THE BEST SYSTEM going,i was a dirt farmer and this is by far the best.as you said you can individually control different need of each individual plant.all i ask,is try it.you will be hooked

What premade system did you go with I thought about purchasing 1 unit then use that as a model for my wife.She is letting me pick a system and shes gonna use the wick method and were gonna have a lil contest.I also have the homemade hydro guide coming from h.t.Also is a aerocloner the same as a bubble cloner? And you use g.h. correct?

andy52 said:
dwc IS THE BEST SYSTEM going,i was a dirt farmer and this is by far the best.as you said you can individually control different need of each individual plant.all i ask,is try it.you will be hooked

Andy, i cant wait, im tired of messing with soil! i built some bubble buckets, but i think im gonna scrap em, i built them with drain valves, fluid level indicators and such, but i think im gonna just do it like you, and change the whole buckets out and clean them and what not.

btw, andy, do you notice a huge fluctuation in ph and ppm between changing out the buckets to add new fresh solution?

Hey Andy what is rapid rooter? I read on another post thats what you clone with.Ive always used jiffy pellets and cant get the hang of the rockwool cubes yet.My seeds do fine in them but not clones.What gives with that I thought maybe I lost my technique or something so I put the pellets in with the cubes to do a side by side test and the pellets look great cubes not so great.

i have never yet had a ph problem and i keep a close check.i top off the level with straight ph'd water in between weekly changes and have yet to have a problem.
rapid rooters are organic plugs that i start all my clones and seeds in.you can use them in any medium you wish.they work better than anything i have tried so far,for anything.i do not pre=soak the either.i do not ph the water i use to mist them with either.when seeds pop or clones root,then i start worrying about all that sheet

Did you purchase your system or did you build it?And if you purchased it what one did you go with?

i made my own.all it is,is 5 gal buckets with a lid,an airstone.tubing,pump,hydroton and nutes.oh and a net pot

So far I been right. DWC way ahead. YA know,,someone outta do one of those voting thingys on that.Ask what is your favorite way to grow?:hubba: I bet DWC 1st place Drip 2nd place and Ebb and flow 3rd place. Wanna bet?:eek:

I have been 100% DWC for over a year and gotta say thats the ticket!

Stunzeed..

i agree the waterfarms are great.i almost went that way myself.if i had a larger area i would.

DWC all the way if you want something simple and inexpensive to start. You will be amazed at the veg cycle..
I did soil a couple of times then did a hydro now I won't go back.

METALMOVER420 said:
What premade system did you go with I thought about purchasing 1 unit then use that as a model for my wife.She is letting me pick a system and shes gonna use the wick method and were gonna have a lil contest.I also have the homemade hydro guide coming from h.t.Also is a aerocloner the same as a bubble cloner? And you use g.h. correct?

Hey, I though your wife was going to be making the DWC :D...I want to talk to her :hubba:...IMO, there is no way that a wick system is going to even come close to a DWC or any other true hydro system.

She is BOB the builder and she has done the wic system for 1 harvest with pretty good success considering she made her own light system,no added c02,and limited space.Shes more into comparisons and trying to take a dying plant and bringing it back,very slow and frustrating for me but anyway Im waiting on homemade hydroponics book from HT(I know its probably all on the net but I like books)I will probably go with DWC one of my thoughts has been though right now im in the rock wool cube that are like the size of sugar cubes hand watering how do i switch them to the pebbels?Just clean the cubes off place them gently in the net pots and start DWC?

if i had money to buy a ph/tds con. meter i would grow hydro buy after buyin seeds only have money for a waterfarm thats gunna sit in the closet for a while seems like the way to go

Latest posts

Back