Bucket systems????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just place cube and all in whatever medium you have decided to go with.as soon as i see roots growing out the bottom or sides of the rapid rooter plugs,they go into 5 gal dwc setup.easy on the nutes to start them babies out.

DWC Rawks!!! However my new grow space I am constructing, I am still trying to decide how to best utilize the space..... Do I want to go with Multiple buckets and more plants..... Or maybe go with just six plants and do a reveg system where each DWC bucket will be bigger and use a bunch of LST.. Constantly rotate 3 plants from Veg to Flower.... Harvest and then rotate them again.

CasualGrower said:
DWC Rawks!!! However my new grow space I am constructing, I am still trying to decide how to best utilize the space..... Do I want to go with Multiple buckets and more plants..... Or maybe go with just six plants and do a reveg system where each DWC bucket will be bigger and use a bunch of LST.. Constantly rotate 3 plants from Veg to Flower.... Harvest and then rotate them again.

The problem with feeding or having more then one plant using a rez is that, if you mess up on one rez(nutes,, pump breaks,, or whatever) you could wipe out several plants at one time,,right?

Well i went with the gh drip bucket system(similar to water farm).There going to be self contained, Im adding a air stone at the bottom.It cost me 65 bucks were using it as a model and the smart 1 in the family is already purchasing all the parts required to duplicate the systems, hope to be able to build them for about half price. Any ideas, suggestions,or comments before I start?

METALMOVER420 said:
Well i went with the gh drip bucket system(similar to water farm).There going to be self contained, Im adding a air stone at the bottom.It cost me 65 bucks were using it as a model and the smart 1 in the family is already purchasing all the parts required to duplicate the systems, hope to be able to build them for about half price. Any ideas, suggestions,or comments before I start?

:bong: So basicly your running a DWC system, with a drip added, right? I know a guy that has done that. I told him I wasnt sure what the drip was gonna add to the grow in the long run,, that would be worth having to have a water pump and the heat it puts off in the bucket. Considering the roots are already in the solution. But then again,,,I dont know ****. Im just high right now,, and I think I am much smarter,, then I was before I got stoned.:D

No the drip is also run off of the same air pump if it doesnt work well ill disconnect 1 of the 2 and see which ones better.

i can build a dwc system for a lot less than you can order anything on the market.it does not take a rocket scientist to throw some 5 gal buckets together.after reading posts on this site,anyone should be able to do it.1 bucket,1 airstone,1 piece of tubing,1air pump,some hydroton,1 plant and some nutes and tada,its done.might need a ph & tds meter also.jmo

I will be going DWC, but was wondering if any one has ever done an actual poll on this question.

Andy what do you think of using both the mist and drip in the same application?

thats up to you.i personally think its a waste.either go one way or the other.dwc rocks and thats all ya need bro or sis.lol

thats the way to see which system you prefer.just make sure you have the same strain in each system to do a comparison.then the plants have different phenos at times.

No doubt same exact conditions nutes,strains,everything except nute delivery. Ill let you know the results in about 11 weeks.Wish the girls luck!

twitch said:
I will be going DWC, but was wondering if any one has ever done an actual poll on this question.

There have been several simular threads,,and DWC won out every time. I am growing in soil(for the last time)
After reading evry article I possibly could in here and on some other sites,,I would say DWC rocks for "Personal Grows" and that is what I will be going to as soon as these soil grows are done. I have a friend now that owns a Hydro Store and I have spent countless hours at that store helping him and just messen around like a kid in a candy store and Ill tell ya,,unless your doing big grows,, DWC is the way to go. Hell,,just look at the root system and stalks on DWC grows.:eek: Any Hydro System will beat growing in soil like I am doing. I like soil but it is just messy with transplants and such. Hydro All The Way,,and I bet ya that if you do a Poll,, DWC will win hands down.;)

i just started my first dwc grow 3 days ago. i have some ultimate indica clones that i'm working with. when i put the first clone in the bucket, the roots were about 2.5 inches long. now, 3 days later, thier about 12 inches long. my ph did rise from 5.8 to 7.0 in the first 24 hours. is this because i'm using my well water? the tap here right now is 7.0.

andy gave me the push to dwc. after rapping with him over past couple months on dwc, and seeing his grows, and hearing him tell others often about how easy this is, i gave it a try.

i've been doing soil grows around 30 years, and have always wanted to try hydro. i'd guess i spent about $100 to get set up. i already had nutes, a couple air pumps, hygroten, stones. all i had to get was buckets, pots, tds meter, and tubing. i'm going to do two buckets to start with. i've got 6 complete. they were very easy to make myself.

wish me luck...bb...

METALMOVER420 said:
No the drip is also run off of the same air pump if it doesnt work well ill disconnect 1 of the 2 and see which ones better.

I am confused--How do you run a drip with an air pump? How do you run both a drip and air stones with 1 pump?

Im honored to answer your question H.G. First off you run the air hose tube down the side of your tube that is attaced to the actual drip ring connecting the air hose 1 inch from the bottom(she connected the 2 together with zip ties).When the tubes are submerged the drip ring tube of course will fill with water and when you plug the pump in it will shoot air in the larger tube raising the water to the drip ring walaaaaa works slick. She also has a larger tube both the smaller ones fit into that all go through the lid for stability.As for the second question you can buy air pumps that actually have 2,4,6,8, fittings on the end for multiple lines.So 1 for the drip ring 1 for the air stone.Well there you go and Im sorry I dont know all the sizes of the tubes but Im not the one that runs the tape measure.....

She connected the air hose and the drip ring tube together 1 inch from the bottom by drilling a hole 1 inch up from the bottom and glueing the air hose into the drip ring tube. I thought you might find that part important.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am confused--How do you run a drip with an air pump? How do you run both a drip and air stones with 1 pump?

This is the beauty of the waterfarm, it works as MM420 said the air is pumped down where there is a Y type fitting, this forces the water up and out the drop ring.

Its also the reason no airstones are required as its always pumping air into the rez.

In order to use one pump for all the buckets, besides simple T fittings or multi output pumps is to have the bottoms of all buckets connected to maintain the same level in all buckets, without this the bucket with the least amount of water is the only one that works correctly as the air will take the path of least resistance to pump up and out.

Latest posts

Back