Bucket systems????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey BB, thanks for the encouragement, did you figure out the ph situation for I to am on well water,but to change that much I would think it is in the medium,are you using hydroton? I ve been outside for a while so at this point my mamas are sativa, but i have tall ceilings. Also Vancouver seed co. is very slow Ive read alot of good reviews on them but Im ready to ask the Crazy Vancouver guy to go down there and wake em up. I placed my order on the 14th of nov.

Thanks. I always thought the water farm had both an air pump and a water pump. I am partial to systems that don't use water pumps. I use a separate dual outlet air pump for each bucket. I do a perpetual grow, so have plants in all different stages of growth in my flowering room. I raise and lower the plants to maintain an even canopy, so a connected bucket system won't work for me. I do understand all that "water seeks its own level" stuff and the need to balance the air lines/water lines when running multiple lines :D

Hey Andy Ive seen where you once spoke about a commercial air pump whats the difference between one of those and a air pump that has say 8 outlets? Or are they the same?

METALMOVER420 said:
Hey Andy Ive seen where you once spoke about a commercial air pump whats the difference between one of those and a air pump that has say 8 outlets? Or are they the same?

I'm not Andy, but I'll answer :hubba:. I don't really know what makes an air pump "commercial". I would guess that it has to do with the durability of the pump and the amount of air it puts out. I have a Hydro Farm Active Aqua air pump that puts out 110L a min--it is quite a powerful pump. It came with a 12 outlet manifold. It is a great pump, however, it is noisy--too noisy for me.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm not Andy, but I'll answer :hubba:. I don't really know what makes an air pump "commercial". I would guess that it has to do with the durability of the pump and the amount of air it puts out. I have a Hydro Farm Active Aqua air pump that puts out 110L a min--it is quite a powerful pump. It came with a 12 outlet manifold. It is a great pump, however, it is noisy--too noisy for me.

HG ,,couldnt ya go with a small(quite) pump for each bucket?

CowboyBudsky said:
HG ,,couldnt ya go with a small(quite) pump for each bucket?

Actually, that is what I do. I don't use the bigger pump. This is what I use--1 per bucket.

hXXp://www.cheappetproducts.net/MILLION_AIR_MA-600_DOUBLE_Outlet_AIR_PUMP_with_Variable_FLOW_CONTROL_KNOB-P44453.html

I dont want noisy, the wife is already constructing fountains in her mind for the room this neighbors to deaden the sound, but ithought I read where Andy had a commercial pump that was very quiet. and I would go with singular pumps but I have a thing about cords and hoses runnin all over and 10 plugs plugged into a surge protector,and dont worry since Ive started this indoor adventure Ive gotten a litlle more used to it.

I am currently running six grow buckets and one bucket mixes nutes and whatnot. So a total of seven but could run more

METALMOVER420 said:
PCD How many buckets do you run on 1 pump Im wanting to do 8.

you can buy 8 outlet airpumps on that well known selling site we all love too hate they start at 99p and rise up too about £10 in auction,and they are new :) adjustable flow rate too :)
a hell of a lot cheaper than the shops :)

pc duck , can you tell me how you soundproofed your pump? thanks

BUDISGUD said:
you can buy 8 outlet airpumps on that well known selling site we all love too hate they start at 99p and rise up too about £10 in auction,and they are new :) adjustable flow rate too :)
a hell of a lot cheaper than the shops :)

Where is the site ur talking about

METALMOVER420 said:
What is everyones oppinions on various hydro bucket systems like the water farms or the like.Im wanting relatvely low maetinance, individual bucket systems for different strains I have most knowledge in soil gardening outdoor mostly.Iam currently vegging by hand watering in rockwool pellets and using B.C. nutes My wife would really like to construct these so maybe even a sight where to go. Thanks in advance...:confused:

I have tried MANY systems and DWC takes it in efficiency and easy maintanance!

Stunzeed..

I have just built a couple of buckets to try myself. Are Rockwool cubes the only way to start plants in them. I forgot to pick up some at the growshop. Could i start a plant in one using jiffy pellet? Also, when you all change your water out, what do you do with the lid with the plant hanging down from it??? great thread.

Codybear said:
I have just built a couple of buckets to try myself. Are Rockwool cubes the only way to start plants in them. I forgot to pick up some at the growshop. Could i start a plant in one using jiffy pellet? Also, when you all change your water out, what do you do with the lid with the plant hanging down from it??? great thread.
Set it over into an "extra" empty bucket that you have,right?;)

I have extra buckets. I premix my nutes in that bucket, then switch lid, air stone, and the plant into the extra bucket that is all ready to go. Wa La done.

Latest posts

Back