BUD Formation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonesBUD

Reaction score
Hey guys!

It's been around 2 weeks since my plants showed sex. I was wondering how long it would be until the buds/flowers start forming?

It seems like my plants should be further along into flower than what they show, but im still a noob so I need your opinions/thoughts. PLEASE! lol

Pics Attached:

CIMG0662-1.JPG

CIMG0665-1.JPG

CIMG0666-1.JPG

CIMG0667-1.JPG

do'nt get to ahead of urself now, u say its two weeks since they showed sex, are u using nutes? what strain? light schedule? theres alot of things that play into it but if ur around bout 3-4 weeks total in flowering u should be seeing a drastic increase soon. unless ur lighting or something else is screwed up.

outdoors plants flowering a lot slower respect indoors under hps,my outdoor baby started 10 days ago and she seems like yours.

jash good post , a lot of it also depends on how mature she is after she sexes , once she starts , just make sure she gets the TLC , and ferts she needs she will thank you for it , in wounderous ways

I just started using FF nutes(big bloom, Tiger bloom). The strain is unknown, since it came from bagseed.

The plants have been outside their entire life, but my neighbors have a tendency to turn on their porch lights at night, which I hope isn't messin up their light schedule. The light isnt real close and is blocked by my privacy fence, but who knows!!:cool:

My plants aren't looking as healthy as they were, I think it's the 100 degree temps!!!

Will the plants continue to produce the white pistils even though there is a light leak?

Bones, when growing outdoors you are basically at the mercy of mother nature. The amount of usable light varies depending on what region of the world you live in. Some regions can have very few days of dark periods which would make it harder for a plant to reach full maturity before the next season begins.

If you already know the light cycle for your area give it time. That plant looks very healthy. Be good to it and it will do the same to you.

Also, just because a plant is showing sex does not mean it has begun to flower. Healthy plants in full veg will show their sex after the first month or so, sometimes sooner.

haze...

You should be ok as long as the amount of light that hits your plant isn't brighter than a full moon. It gets 100-110 here as well and it is part of the reason I grow indoor. Not to say you can't or shouldn't grow outdoor in this type of heat. Their are a lot of heat resistant strains out there.

My plants started flowering a few weeks ago, how many I don't know. I agree it depends on the region. Once they started is was slow, and now w/a few nute feedings they're picking up and we had a heatwave last week reaching a 100+, w/low humidity I was grateful for the low humidity. Just watch and learn. Do what they ask, if they're wilting, water, if they're yellowing then give nitro, and so on. Believe me they'll let you know if your watching and taking care of them.. Here's my backyard outdoor grow going wonderfully if I might add. Enjoy the pictures, some better than others. Also, my neighbor has a yard light that's on from dusk till dawn. I thought it would affect my plant the tallest one in the garden all the others are only 2 1/2-3ft so they're good. But like mentioned earlier if its more of a moonlite kind you'll be fine, cause that's what my neighbors is, more on the moonlite kinda side.

8-6-7.2.jpg

8-6-7.4.jpg

8-6-7.5.jpg

8-6-7.jpg

8-6-7-3.jpg

8-2-7 budsites.2.jpg

8-2-7- budsite.jpg

hey vburton you have a nice MJ jungle in your backyard,looking veeery good..

Thanks a ton guys!!

I just assumed when a plant shows sex, then it's time to flower, guess not!!
It's around 13 hours of daylight right now in my area. I fed the plants FF nutes last watering and I think they were over fertalized due to the MG soil they are in, So I just flushed the plants real good and will be using nothing but water until they start looking a little better.

When I flushed I noticed that the water coming out of the bottom of the pot was light light yellow, so I take it that the MG soil still has ferts left in it?

I flushed for a while and eventually it was almost clear, but still had a slight yellowing to it, should I wait untill the water runs clear to start using ferts?:confused:

keep using plain water for the next week and you should be fine to start using the other ferts......;)

be attent with ferts,usually you have to start at 1/2 or 1/4 of prescript dose and increase slowly dont overdo or you'll burn your plants.personally i started at 3rd week flower with 1/2 dose after every 2 waterings to avoid salts form.good luck

Hey Jash, thanks! Yeah its a jungle out there, 9 females. They're large and in charge. I'll be glad when its done. I'm stressing over my 6fter she's looking over the fence, like hi everyone, look at me..... Its gut wrenching looking at her showing the whole world what I've got going. But, I'm glad to know she'll produce atleast 6oz's minimum.... All others about 3oz's each. Enough for the winter and well into Spring.. When i'll start my lowryder#2's....all outdoors.

hey V , you can allways LST that tall lady , i would if shes going over the fence for the world to see ........:hubba: you never know who might spot it..

wow V 30 oz's is tremendous:)wish i could have some outdoors too but neighboors here are so nosy-you must have good neighbs to let your plants grow this way..

I'm just riding her out, she didn't like LST training I tried when she was young and she didn't take to it, she pulled up her restraints and the ones she couldn't died.... Left her alone after that, o.k. so you don't like bondage, alrighty then...LOL... She's the only one you can see so, I'm like oh well ride it out.. Mind you she's been outside since March, and all others since 6/21. Probably why she the largest.... she's the oldest.... :O) Thanks!

jash said:
wow V 30 oz's is tremendous:)wish i could have some outdoors too but neighboors here are so nosy-you must have good neighbs to let your plants grow this way..
Hey many thanks! I got (a) awesome neighbor, the only one who can see the whole garden. He was in Amerstdam in his younger days, so he's down w/the program his exact words "Grow all you like" I was like cool, so I moved all my plants outside which were 8 which made me have 9 females outside, 4-MK clones
2-revegg's (harvested in June) 1 bagseed, the largest one! 2-mixed seed from Kindseed.... No, idea what they are, but the are crazy big....

have to go know,see you around V.:)

Latest posts

Back