Budget grow going great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7greeneyes said:
well there ya go... :rolleyes:

looks crystally :aok: how's she taste?

a little on the fruity side.. stupid question .. the site I got the moby **** seed from said 55 65 day flowering.. does that mean from the day it actually buds or the day i switch the lights???.. I noticed most of the hairs I can see in the pic are amber like its close to finishing so maybe im off by the 12 days it took to start flowering???

the day you flip to 12/12. go by how the buds look as well as gauging maturation by looking at the trichomes opacity. Alot of ppl here like alot of amber trichs whereas I go by all milky trich's mayhaps a very few ambers. The "hair" color doesn't always signify maturity, ime. :)

Keeper green Coloradoguy76. :joint:

:peace:,

7greeneyes:D

7greeneyes said:
the day you flip to 12/12. go by how the buds look as well as gauging maturation by looking at the trichomes opacity. Alot of ppl here like alot of amber trichs whereas I go by all milky trich's mayhaps a very few ambers. The "hair" color doesn't always signify maturity, ime. :)

Keeper green Coloradoguy76. :joint:

:peace:,

7greeneyes:D

Appreciate it

Nice job!
Fyi dont dry your buds with a light. Search qiuk drying methods there is a microwave one that works pretty good.
When your starting out I say when you think its ready wait a week. Maybe get a scope or jewelrs loup sp? I like my tricks a lil more on the amber side maybe 40% because I use it for sleep..
Will be interesting to see what you get all together!
Bong

Bong Puller said:
Nice job!
Fyi dont dry your buds with a light. Search qiuk drying methods there is a microwave one that works pretty good.
When your starting out I say when you think its ready wait a week. Maybe get a scope or jewelrs loup sp? I like my tricks a lil more on the amber side maybe 40% because I use it for sleep..
Will be interesting to see what you get all together!
Bong

Yeah, don't rob yourself of choicer herb a lil further on down the trail. The only way I've quick-dried is using a paper bag in my warm living room (~70 degrees Fahrenheit), which still takes 5 daze to dry smokable. Microwaving causes a number of crystals to pop, thusly making your end product less potent. You'll hear it crackle the first few seconds of the microwaving, there goes the trich's ...and your buzz:shocked:!

P.S. An old hippie told me about putting an oven on 375, pulling out the rack, placing the buds on the rack w/a fan on them overnight. Never done it but thought I'd pass it on.

Oh dont worry guys I plan on drying properly and going for atleast a 4 week cure.. I have plenty of bud (some kind of blueberry and some jacks cleaner) I just gave it a little test since I was trimming off the bottom **. Ive known guys that ruined beautiful crops by improperly drying and not curing. I can tell this stuff will be descent since it actually tasted good and got me ripped this early and from a lightbulb dry. << excited

I was going to post a few pics but there hasnt been too much of a change so I figured id wait a few days. Tried checking the trichs but the way everything is set up I cant exactly get a good position on one of the tops to do it. Properly that is.

I was wondering if taking a small clipping from one of the super resonated leaves from a top would give me a false reading??? My scope is a pain in the *** and needs to be perfectly positioned with just the right amount of light or you cant see anyting.

Day 48. Not much increase in the length of the buds but the width seems to have substantially grown due to the fact that I checked on it a few days ago and the tops were bent over (and yes a stick and some fishing line is the best I could do lol). Wont be much yield obviously but Ill have some nice nugs.

I would also like to report that due to contrary belief my buds seem to be very tight and heavy even though Im using fluorescent. Ive been in many grow rooms and squeezed many buds and these are just as dense.

The smell is very strong also. The best way to describe it would be candy. It smells extremely sweet, I'm very excited because Ive been in a few pro set up rooms lately and their strains dont smell sweet like this. Not that Im bragging. Ill be the FIRST one to say I " forest gumped" my way through this.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

:hubba: sexy sexy plant(s). Doesn't matter atm about yield, the important thing is u grew it, you know what was used to grow it and you ultimately control all the variables. :aok: lookin real danky for just flouro's. I use an old Boeing surplus 3x40Watt flouro for my clones and seedlings and they work so schweet!

keep up the good work and start scoping the trichs to see how mature it is.

Peace,

7greeneyes:)

Coloradoguy76 said:
I was going to post a few pics but there hasnt been too much of a change so I figured id wait a few days. Tried checking the trichs but the way everything is set up I cant exactly get a good position on one of the tops to do it. Properly that is.

I was wondering if taking a small clipping from one of the super resonated leaves from a top would give me a false reading??? My scope is a pain in the *** and needs to be perfectly positioned with just the right amount of light or you cant see anyting.

I take small samples from top, middle and bottom of the plant and take into a less hps'y room like my living room or study so I can stabilize the sample and scope w/o being blinded by 1kwatts of hps yellowness...lol. No harm no foul. Course you don't grow them to tree's like me so u may not want to do that... :rolleyes:

7greeneyes said:
I take small samples from top, middle and bottom of the plant and take into a less hps'y room like my living room or study so I can stabilize the sample and scope w/o being blinded by 1kwatts of hps yellowness...lol. No harm no foul. Course you don't grow them to tree's like me so u may not want to do that... :rolleyes:

I clipped the tiniest sample I could today and theyre barely cloudy so it seems they have awhile to go. I need it strong. I have some gran daddy purp that has the "energectic head high" and its probably the best smelling bud ive had all year and close to the best tasting BUT it doesnt get me where I want to be. Ive also noticed they havent made the change yet. Ive heard all of a sudden they just look different one day?

Coloradoguy76 said:
The smell is very strong also. The best way to describe it would be candy. It smells extremely sweet, I'm very excited because Ive been in a few pro set up rooms lately and their strains dont smell sweet like this. Not that Im bragging. Ill be the FIRST one to say I " forest gumped" my way through this.

Your buds are looking nice and frosty. However, I believe you are operating under some misconceptions regarding smell. Odor is strain related and really has nothing at all to do with the strength or potency of a plant. I personally look for strains that are lower in odor. Some of the most potent strains I have grown have little or no real odor.

I love stinky weed. Most folks choose their weed by smell -- when they have a choice -- in dispenceries people usually buy the weed which they believe smells the best. My Cuz's weed smelled like hay, and from that smell alone I could tell it wasn't very good. Usually, dank smells danky dank. :)

Skunk was prob the strongest weed I've grown/smoked on. White strains were exactly that, nice buzz but nowhere near as strong...too vanills, so to speak. Smell typically, and ONLY IME, means a greater potency. Weak smelling strains are aiight, but their buzz is exactly like that...muted and mixed...

Well I should be in good shape because it smells amazing and its haze x white widow and moby **** is known for being a really strong strain. I ordered seeds for another grow im involved in (600w hps super lemon haze x4 spicy white devil x3 and a few assorted autos srry guys my partners wont agree to make a gj) and ended up getting moby **** for free and my partners werent interested so I decided to do the budget grow to prove to them that they need to relax on ****. The moby looks and smells better than the other plants lololol.

My "partners" are taking this waaaay too seriously and I actually think theyre messing up the plants because theyre constantly trimming and doing this and that and using too much nutes and all this other ****. They never come out quite like they should.. My resin developement was alot more than what the other grow had and I'm trying to prove to them that its because of stress, heat, and waaay to much nutes. Ofcourse at the same time showing a simple way to grow dank for about $50.

Heres also a big bang I picked up that my buddy started flowering on mistake and is so small he doesnt want it and figured it would be perfect for my grow. I got it a few weeks ago flushed it a few times and started it on light nutes and the product which Im not allowed to name and now its frosty and stinky as all hell. I should be able to disclose the name of the product in a few months allthough it will be special order from another state but it really does work magic on resin production as you can see. Its all natural no hormones or anything like that. It comes in a powder. I'll list all the details as soon as I can.

No idea how many days this Big Bang has been flowering.. im guessing 30 or something. any guesses guys??

100_1715.JPG

100_1714.JPG

100_1713.JPG

Scoped the moby again today and theyre still cloudy I may or may not haven seen a hint of amber, idk could be wishful thinking. anyone have an idea on how long it usually takes from this point? Hoping to have it curing for atleast a week or 2 so I can try a nug on Xmas.

Latest posts

Back