Bummer!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairchick40v

closethead...
Reaction score
I had 7 plants and they looked amazing!!!! I could not get them to preflower and it had been 8 wks, so I changed their light timing... Sure enough, all but 3 were males.... How about the female were the ones I was hoping to be males and vice versa.... The biggest and prettiest :(

Should I change the lighting back to 18/6 to get them bushier or should I just keep them on 12/12???? I have to say that it is alot more confusing when you are the sun.... Last year, I grew outside and it was like easy breezy!!! No confusion... Of course, I over think what is right in my face, I tend to be an out of sight out of mind kind of person!!! HELP!!:watchplant:

Hiya, Hairchick!

You can put them back on 18/6 or just do 15/9 and they will go into flowering slower.

Think of an outdoor plant...in the Fall, the days don't automatically go to 12/12; it's a gradual shift to shorter days; this gives the plant more time to veg a little and grow taller.

Doing this later in the flowering may cause the plant to Hermie, but this early on, you are safe to lengthen/shorten the light sequence ;)

Topping or LST-ing may be the best way to get the plant more bushy and I recommend using a few drops per gallon of Superthrive (you can get it at Wally Mart) it will make your plant bush out and strengthen the stalks quite a bit!

sounds like you have a 2 month veg. already, your plants will double and sometimes triple in size during flower, you can veg. as long as you like, depending on space...... if it hasnt been in 12-12 that long you can revert back to veg.... may set you back a couple of weeks....

Thanks ya'll!!! Is superthrive a fertilizer??? That is another thing I am confused about... I was usin chicken $#!+ for awhile, diluted 2tbls per gallon, and it didn't do much, then I switched to some stuff I got at a feed store, not that impressed.. I don't know if I am not doin it enough, every 2 wks, or if what I am using is just bunk??? I am also spraying the foilage with spray-n-grow, not much happening there either.. Maybe my lights suck, I got them from stealthhydro.com... Supposed to have amble lumens??? I needed lights with low heat... I just repotted them and with the boys gone I have 1 plant per tub... I think about 5 gallon.. Thanks for the input!!

don't be to hard on yourself. I have lost to many plants to think aboout. It is hard to tell from your posts what your feeding schedule is. I had problems with this also and I am down to feeding(food, nutrients,water) every other day.Superthrive has not impressed me but other awesome growers swear by it. It is a fertilizer.Unless i missed it you didn't state your light situation, but to induce flower I would do the 12-12 thing. Foliar feeding(the leaves) is a good thing but I am not sure about the product you used.:hubba:

I am feeding my girls every two weeks, like the package says, that is when I feed all my plants, clearly I need to step it up... My lighting sit. is huge cfl"s I am tryin to talk my husband into 1 400 w hps, but he really doesn't want the heat :( I think I am gonna veg a little longer now that I have them sexed!!! I am also gonna amp up my fert usage, I don't want to burn them up!!! Thanx for the input!!!

Latest posts

Back