Canataloupe Kingdom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankpeterson

Proffessor
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any info anywhere on cantaloupes that have been done inside. I've recently planted seeds inside and have sprouts. Is it okay to have such a plant growing with weed? Theres no way the cantaloupe could pollinate the weed plant?

Thanks,

-FP

frankpeterson said:
I can't seem to find any info anywhere on cantaloupes that have been done inside. I've recently planted seeds inside and have sprouts. Is it okay to have such a plant growing with weed? Theres no way the cantaloupe could pollinate the weed plant?

Thanks,

-FP
Whats up FP. Not really sure about this one as we have only grown bud in our house. I dought that your plants will get pollinated if thats what your worried about. Did you try and Google it?

Hey TBG,

Yea I was kinda worried about the pollination but it wouldn't make sense to effect it.:confused: Well I know you prolly think i'm kinda screwed up for introducing such a plant into my garden, but I just had to know for myself if it is possible to raise a melon(cantaloupe specifically) indoors. I have tried and googling it TBG. I can't find anything at all on the inside growing of them, i'm assuming mostly because their gonna have to be pollinated by hand since I dont have any bees buzzin around. So I've decided to log it's process as it goes as well like the journal. Feel free to move this post to the journals section although it will be only about the cantaloupe. The other plants in the garden are already 14 days or so ahead of the cantaloupe. The growing instructions stated to plant 3 seeds at a time. That's what I did and heres what came up. This is day 3 cantaloupe.:aok:

Oh by the way I got curious about my nutes and tried to kill this cantaloupe with a powerful dose (full table spoon into one gallon). I assume the TSP on the side of the jug meant teaspoon. Oh well long story short, the plant (including one chronic plant) took a feeding of this lethal dose like a champ. No burning and they all have grown very fast. Let me know what you think.

FP:cool:

Image(498).jpg

Image(497).jpg

It said to plant 3 seeds in the instructions. I did and 3 plants came up:bugger: Do you think that some plants are gonna be taking energy away from others?:eek: Should I seperate/kill/destroy/massacre some of them?

Only one day later and their already moving. As you can see they survived that nutrient blow very well. I touched the leaves and I must say what a cool leathery feeling. I'm still debating on wether to seperate them or just let it go the way it's going. I can already see roots at the bottom of the half 2l bottle already as well.

loupe_d4.jpg

loupe_d4_1.jpg

Nutes right from the beginning and these 3 cantaloupe plants are moving very swiftly. No sign of nute burn at all. They look like their going to be really big leaves.

121006-canta1.jpg

121006-canta2.jpg

121006-cantaloupe.jpg

Cantaloupes growing strong all is green and no signs of bad health anywhere. Almost time for transplant, lets keep the grow train moving. Enjoy the updated pics.

can121806.jpg

can121806-1.jpg

can121806-2.jpg

With recent observation it is noted that cantaloupes can withstand and like 90 + degree temperatures. Even when temperatures were increased to a hellfire of 105 degrees they still seem to like it with no showing of stress whatsoever. Ever since the 3 gallon transplant, it just moved right in and started taking over.

Very Interesting Thread Frank, I Cant Wait To See Some 60 Pounder's LoL. What Type of Nute's Did You Use?

Thanks for dropping in comatoked. Find it very hard to attract people to this thread and am happy to see it's getting viewed. Did use Flora Nova Grow and bloom (not bloom yet though). Cut the nutes off when cut them off the other plants. Not sure if cantaloupes require at all the nutrients that the other plants use so they are just getting water now and loving it. Very strong plant indeed. Please continue to follow it's progress as I'm sure the outcome will indeed be interesting.

got yellow spots on the leaves, over nuting? It's spreading rapidly throughout the leaves of the lope and nutes have been cut off. Any ideas?

not sure the answet but i am interested to see how these turn out cause i just started 15 tomoto plants....:D i figure i got the grow room, why not try something else, they are doing good so far, but just little seedlings.

Wow I missed this thread....don't know squat about canteloupes but curious on how this is going to turn out. Good luck dude. :)

Day 50, flower day 8.

Some leaves are spotted if you look closely. The images are poor quality but you can still see it. Since flowering has begun little strings can be seen shooting out of the stems, and little ball like things forming as well, but could be new leaves developing.

cantday50.jpg

cantday50-1.jpg

cantday50-2.jpg

cantday50-3.jpg

cantday50-4.jpg

Now That I Think About It Dont Big Fruit Plant's Turn Into Big Vine's? Like A Pumpkin Patch? And Watermelon's? So This Will Great To See How Your Growspace Is Maintained. They Look Great Healthy Though Even Though I Am Not familar With Cantaloupes. Keep Us Posted

Thanks for watching this thread still comatoked. Yes they grow like pumpkins on vines. It's gonna be a little tricky, but should be able to maintain. Also the leaves on the cantaloupe grow to be huge. Google some up so you have a idea of whats going on. Also try and see if you can find info on indoor ones?????I could never find any info or record of it being done.

One more thing. They have to be pollinated by hand as I don't keep any extra bees on hand.

Oh LoL I Alway's Keep Extra Bee's Around Just For Special Event's Like This...Just Kidding, Maybe When They Get mature Enough To Grow Fruit You Could Set Them Outside A Couple Hours A Day And Pry For Bee's. Just Curious To How You Would Do It By Hand?

it cant realy be to diffrent from pollinating a pot plant can it?
i mean how many ways can mothernature find to do the same thing?

Latest posts

Back