CF with HPS lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankdogster

Reaction score
Is it ok to use CF lights while I use a 400W HPS? I use one large 65W CF along side my 400HPS to fill a dark spot in the room. It also seems to "fill" the light spectrum.

yea just the cfl's as side lighting and you can use them to light the bottom of the plant once it gets really bushy

yep i kept my 4 foot floros tubes on the floor, had 4 of em too. I couldnt see how it could be bad, so i just did it. Youll be fine, i have good results, but i dont think they really helped in that. hah

IMHO,be careful of under lighting.Plants will think they are getting over grown by other plants and start to streach.It happened to me useing side lighting that was to far down the plant.If you do need to get light down further.Losely tie some of the bigger fan leaves out of the way.Hope this helps and Keep it GREEN:D

They look a weird blue when the HPS is on, don't they? I used a few CFLs with the HPS last time. I didn't have them underneath or on the floor, just on the second/third tier buds, lit from the top.
I think it is a great, inexpensive way to balance the color spec. And, those 2nd tier buds I had ended up thicker than the topmost ones.

with a 400 w hps, use the flos for clones n moms, leave the hps for flowering.

Latest posts

Back