CFL's daylight or bright white ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
then you only need 12,000 lumens for good veg growth, maybe 16,000 for maximun, but 12,000 will work fine.

alright .. would heat be an issue at all with this small space and these lights ?.. i will be running a small fan of course .. thanks cyber .. huge help

Heat shouldnt be to much of a problem if at all none.

my closet temps are about 82 degrees with the door cracked and i have 12 cfls in a 2 x 4 x 3 area. nothing a cheap exhaust fan wouldnt cure if things get too warm, in my hps room i use a regular bathroom style squirrel fan to **** out hot air.

CQ so i got stedy 80 degrees is that ok ??

yeah should be good, they say though that cooler temps, and more blueish light in veg will promote more females.
i did install another fan last night in my veg closet, its a 4in inline and i just cut a whole in the door and put it level with all the lights sucking the heat out and dropped me to a nice 77 degrees with the door completely closed.

i dont have a grow box yet so its a whole closet i got in , i got 3 tiles that go around and on open side i got fan blew on it , but when i put my hand between plants is cool i think mu termometer is mest up .

how do you add reputation is that little icon under those green squares ??

yeah its like a white scale looking thing, maybe its a bong :rofl: just beside the green circle if someone is online.

10 days away to get my ak-47 seeds and see what i can make of these lights ... i think that sylvania 30 watt will work ok .... my friend was growing a nice plant off a incandescent plant light.. and the plant looked great ... know anything about that ???? i couldnt believe it

hey cyber .. i just took some pics .. one is of the sylvania daylight extra 30 watt . and the other is the n:vision 23 watt ... i think the n:vision is shooting out light that possibly is on the blue spectrum but the sylvania looks like a reg light .. let me know what you think ..

0118071250.jpg

0118071251.jpg

sorry about the low detail camera i was using

yeah the sylvania looks more blue spectrum, i would shoot for getting ahold of more of those ones as your grow gets bigger. nothing wrong with the other one though, its good to have a little mix of light. i would go two blue ones to one red, that way your plants get a good wide spectrum. remember the sun has all the colors in it, so if it was outside it would be getting red spectrum light too, but in the summer months its a more blueish light. thats what your trying to simulate.

cyberquest:
damn thats a good price, i am gonna see if i can track them down on their website to add to my "cfl lighting 101" thread.

what color spectrum are they?

sorry man i just read that question :)

the bulbs that i got are :

42 Watt 2700 Kelvin (Warm White)

Average Rated Life (hr): 10000
Ballast Type: Electronic, High Frequency (45KHZ)
Base: Medium
Color Rendering Index (CRI): 84
Color Temperature (K): 2700
Current (A): 0.7
Diameter (in) 2.8
Industry Standards UL and CUL Listed, FCC Part 18, Subpart C
Initial Lumens at 25C: 2800
Maximum Overall Length - MOL (in) 7.0
Nominal Voltage (V): 120
Nominal Wattage (W): 42
Starting Method Modified Rapid Start
Starting Temperature F (C) -20
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) 150percent
UPC CODE 762148-28942

spring42.jpg

and they were on sale :) but i bought 6 of them :) i got stash

i think that was a good deal .??

im having a pery good grow with cfls.
i have a 40w of all 3 types.
seems to be doing fine for me.
check at lowes or home depot you would be suprized to find stuff you didnt even know you needed but once you saw it you new its potential. i spend over $100 everytime i go to lowes.

my ones that are vegging under cfl's look much busher then the one i let veg in the HPS room. the one in the HPS room is tall and lanky and the ones in the Cfl room are short and compact.

yea i looked in both lowes and home depot and they dont have any cool white .. just daylight ... and all i can find for red spectrum in warm white or bright white .. forget ... but right now i just got my seeds from nirvana and i hope they germinate ... wet paper towl in a bag in a warm spot right ????

yep, warm dark place, i sit mine on top of the monitor nice and warm there, just make sure the bag dont leak. i use a small tupperware container wrapped with a towel, but a bag will work too, you want to keep in the moisture doesnt matter how. ;)

BSki8950 said:
yea i looked in both lowes and home depot and they dont have any cool white .. just daylight ... and all i can find for red spectrum in warm white or bright white ..

Hey BSki, remember that you need both red and blue, or warm and cool, lights.
"Daylight (Blue) is responsible for the growth of the stem and roots. Warm tone (Red) is responsible for the development of the leaves and the flowers. Only a combination of both colors will give the most suitable light for plants" (from "I love it" of Michael D. Meredith).
I have my plants under both lights and I have to say that they are doing fine.

I think I'm going to move to the US soon. Everything is sooooo cheeeeaaapppp!!!!!
Just one tube of florescent light with support, here where I live, it costs not less than 19 EUR, which is almost 25 US Dollars. I have 7 of those lights.....yes, expensive!!!!

I was looking at an ad in an American magazine and I saw a Jeep Cherokee with prices starting from 12,000 USD. I WAS SHOCKED!!!!!! Where I live, a Jeep Cherokee will not cost you less than 80,000 EUR, which in USD is 103,723.68!!! I know it's hard to believe but this is real!!! I'm seriously thinking to move over.....:D

Latest posts

Back