Cheese

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should make a law that people should have to smoke weed. It would be a much prettier world for sure.

powerplanter said:
They should make a law that people should have to smoke weed. It would be a much prettier world for sure.

I agree with that :aok:

Nice plants Hemper ... Looking good.

i finally gave in after watching this and put 2x Cheese #1 in the soil today, thought they be good friends with the Pure Afghan i started last week. ;)

plants are looking decent there hemperfi

Thanks Puff, you are the grower in here I have watched the closest. I like your style, my man.

Good luck with the Cheese -- I'm looking forward to a pretty nice harvest (if all goes well) There are hundreds of bud sites on my Cheese from being fimmed. Amazing the difference between regular topping and Fimming -- no comparison.

Had I known the seeds were so damn fertile, I would have only planted 4. I believe I could get the same weight out of 4 nice plants all spread out than I will off of 8 nice plants all squished together -- we will see :)

Peace

Thanks bho -- wish I could grow like you, my friend -- someday...

Peace

Its easy Hemperfi just trim all lower growth sites from the plants once they have finished their stretch so just the main 4-5 budsites nearest the branches ends then the sites usually 14 days from onset of flowering then the plant will develop colas instead of individual buds.
T4

thanks for the luck, i need it this time of year. it seems that with low humdity i have to pray for females. just had a 10 pack of Poison Dwarf go 7 males and 3 duds. My cali connection famed mix pack is looking liek more males but ill know in a week for sure, thats why i started these cheese and the afghans.

i have a Blackwater going also but no preflowers yet, looks pretty compact but so do the others that turn male, crossing my fingers on that one, i really want to try it out, waited for months jsut for it to get back in stock, sells out real fast.

it happened this way the last couple years also, and had to move the veg room to the basement where its much more humid and my female ratio went back to normal. seems once humdity hits around 30-35% in veg im plagued with males.

i do have a femed Pineapple Chunk going incase of 100% males continue, and the Holy Grail 69 is one of the best looking plants ive had in awhile thats a couple weeks in flower.

Puff, My grow room stays in the low range as far as RH is concerned. I have never seen it go above 50% unless it is raining. Even with the low RH, 100% of the Cheese seeds popped, 100% of them were female and 100% of the clones I took from them grew roots. I'm feeling a little strange about it all. This is just not suppose to happen. This morning I planted 6 more clones -- I just couldn't toss all of them -- Here is a pic of the ones I DID toss, a shot of a full vedge room and a shot of the girls in the tent -- I am chock-a-block full. I know I won't be able to grow out all of these plants, but I will take the best of them for the next crop. None of the Satori have popped yet, and perhaps that is a good thing...

100_1117.JPG

100_1116.JPG

100_1118.JPG

my RH right now is 25% in veg. i like it at around 40-45. some strains get some wierd bud growth on the tops once it gets in the low 30s.

congrats on the 100% females

both of the cheese cracked but i dont think they will grow, im having such bad luck but on a side note the blackwater is female breaking the 100% males ive gotten from the last 10 or so beans.

the cheese tap root came out the seed but the other end is going into the otherside, so it looks like a ring... never seen that before

the other cracked open and no tap root is coming out, just almost all the white insides showing, another thing ive never seen before. ill give them a few days and see what happens.

i started 2x Madness (Pre98 Bubba x G12 HP) to replace them if they dont sprout, extra goodness if they do ;)

I think they will grow -- get them in some dirt.

This growing isn't easy. The Mites took the wind out of my sails. Now, I just keep waiting for something to go wrong. I'm suspicious when it doesn't. I HATE my little scope. I hate having to look through it so much. I expect the Mites to come back, but I have already done everything I can think of to eradicate them, and I don't see any anywhere -- still....

I guess if it was easy everyone would be doing it. I have what seems to be a truly blessed grow going, but instead of being overjoyed, I am apprehensive. It is going to take a couple of clean crops to regain my enthusiasm and my passion. The "ups" concerning a grow are extreem, but so are the "downs." I'm trying hard to get things into an even perspective. There is no way I will ever quit growing, but I may end up having to start over. I do so want the Cheese to do its wonderful thing and produce an abundant crop, but I am anxious...

Peace

Rosy, if I see one live mite I'm going to freak out -- especially if it is late in flower. I haven't seen any since about the middle of the last grow -- that's why I only harvested 3, little plants. I beleive they are gone, but I can't be sure, so it's like sitting in court waiting for the jury to come in with their decission.

If you freak out the borg wins. You are meticulous. If anyone can get rid of the mites, it is you. I have and I didn't live on a boat and was as good as you about checking. It will be ok. They came on the clones I would guess right? So just be really careful if you do clones again from outside sources. Quarantine is good.

Rosy, I guess I was feeling a little paranoid last night. I feel a bit better about everything this morning. I only have three plants that were here during the infestation. All of them have been treated with both Forbid and SNS 217. I don't see any bugs, and I really hope they are gone, but they are insidious. I want them completely out of my life forever. I will never bring a plant into my garden that hasn't been inspected minutely, and I will never again smoke dead bugs. I realize now why my cousin's buds were premature, quick dryed and not manacured -- they are living with the Borg. I don't even think I'll stop by their place on my way through Oregon this summer -- I would be afraid of getting them in my clothes and bringing them home. I guess they affected me differently than most folks -- when I saw that bug in the scope it changed my whole mind set. I had no idea something so horrible was even possible, and it freaked me right out. I WILL be Borg free -- even if I have to pull every plant in my garden and start all over again. I need a good harvest to see me through the summer. What I have growing now will do that for me if everything turns out well. I am paranoid because everything is going so well. All the seeds popped, all were female, all the clones took root and everything is growing splendedly, yet, I still have a picture in my mind of the bug in the scope waving is greesy arms in the air and staring me down. All I need is a couple of good, clean grows to regain my passion and enthusiasm. Getting the Borg is not a death sentence -- they can be eradicated -- can't they?

Peace

Lol most of us have been there i did exactly the same when i got some clones from a friend who is right on his game so assumed they would be borg free then a few weeks into flower noticed the tell tale silvery tracking marks on some leaves but still found no borg then i was perusing his grow on another site and wth he had grown the mother donor plant i had the clones from outdoors all summer and brought it inside to flower.
Never again although i do have one stop borg exterminator systemic spray that i treat all my mother plants with and the buck stops there.
Your on track the forbid and sns217 will have them bastards beaten down for sure.
It does seem at the time that the world is against ya when ya have the borg.
Rotflmao
T4

well hemperfi, one of my cheeses broke ground today, and is starting to stand tall. i did have to "help" it out cause the tap root end was still in the seed but poped it off and all is good.

did the same thing to the other, had to take the seed off the tap root, it doubled in length after taht and should break ground here shortly also :)

so looks liek the madness and the other 2 strains i started today will all be extra if cheese is not male :)

Latest posts

Back