Choppers in my face!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DLtoker

OK. I was hoping that all of the stories I read about the budgets being cut back for eradication were true, but it seems as if that is not true in my neck of the woods. Just like last year, almost to the day, they are here, flying over my grows twice today. Each person I spoke with today also said they saw the chopper doing circles with a guy hanging out the window... Just looking.

Now, I live in the mountains, so I suppose it is expected. But it would be such a shame to lose my babies. They have a clear view to the sky. The first pass, the chopper was going 60-80 mph a hundred feet over head. Obviously, they were looking, but the didn't see them a breezed right past. The second time, the chopper was a couple of hundred feet in altitude and appeared to be heading back to wherever it came from.

Anyways, last year I remember them passing through a couple times... I am just afraid that I am in such a high traffic zone that they have a few times to drop right down on my crop.

So, tell me. Would you harvest half your crop to minimize the chances of it sticking out. Or should I just go for all or nothing. I am sure they will be overhead again tomorrow morning. :holysheep:

bhbh.png

can you camaflouge them?

put some other plants or flowers around them? tarp them? camaflouge them with a green sheet, something like that? I have heard of people sticking fake flowers in the pot plants.

Not really... everything is pretty bland in color around them... Lots of light greens and browns. If I were to toss fake flowers on them I I feel as if it were just to grab more attention. They are LSTed to the max and cover a 6 x 12 area.

Really, I am just wondering, what would you do if you were in a high traffic area for choppers. Knowing that a couple more times this year they will fly over head. I sure wish these were autoflowering so I could have finished 2 months ago.

I will be checking at 6 am tomorrow. Please, make my decision for me. Pull or stay? Next time they will be pushed under some camo a little more.... Live and learn. Thanks! :ccc:

They're not using a million dollar chopper to look for tiny grows. They're trying to make a headline with a 50 thousand plant discovery.

If they stopped and checked every single plant that might be a marijuana plant, they couldn't afford to feed gas to that chopper.

If you put camo on your crop, you may be attracting them instead of distracting them. If they see an attempt to hide something under a screen of some sort, they may just send in a herd of piggies to check it out.

I'm taking it for granted you don't have 100 full grown plants...

I agree with Stoneybud... You'd think that a 6 x 12 plot isn't anything they would easily notice and/or worry about. I sure hope they don't see them but the odds should be in your favor if the plot is that size... If you have auto plants that are already ripe I wouldn't hesitate to pull those but if you have plants with several weeks to go I think it's worth the risk to let them go because they may not be that great yet depending on the strain.

Good Luck!:cool:

police choppers do fly over my house but my grow is legal..no one has ever knocked yet. I dont have that many outside though. we live near a skate park and the kids are always getting in trouble and running. I keep thinking little punks better not hop my fence and bring the police to my house..
the joys of growing. I keep tomato plants and let the weeds grow around my plants. I also grow pumpkins by them ann cactus large bushes. so far no coppers from the choppers..yes I rhymed. im stoned. lmao

I wouldnt chop it, so if they land and take your crops then just be glad your not in jail... The raids were only stopped in states that have medical marijuana... And I have seen choppers here in Cali stop and destry 20 plant grows... Dont under estimate the enemy here... if they stop just make sure your not sitting in your garden waiting for them LOL..

If they do take your buds just remember that you didnt allways have them, and ou will only go back to square one not jail...

Thanks so much for the replies. I'm going to take a stroll and let you all know what my gut tells me to do this morning...

Oh, Stoney... I don't understand how they pay for the choppers anyways. Last year I read about one person growing on their property. He received a violation, "roadside" arrest and a court date. It seems as if these guys just fly around burning resources for no good reason or a way to pay for it.

My opinion is that they may be flying low but if they are traveling at speed they are not going to spot your grow ! I would think that they are looking for A= Larger grows which stand out more ! B= A missing or injured hiker ! C= A millionaires missing poodle ! So Relax bro its that time of the year ! But do pay attention to vehicles and if that chopper is circling around your area stay back for a while and when the chopper leaves I would pull em up before the foot patrol arrives ! Peace and all the best !

DLtoker said:
Thanks so much for the replies. I'm going to take a stroll and let you all know what my gut tells me to do this morning...

Oh, Stoney... I don't understand how they pay for the choppers anyways. Last year I read about one person growing on their property. He received a violation, "roadside" arrest and a court date. It seems as if these guys just fly around burning resources for no good reason or a way to pay for it.
The choppers are either leased or owned by whatever level of government is using them. This is done with our taxes.

The choppers get used in a number of ways. They don't have "specific" jobs to do with them. They are a high profile, high cost, high maintenance vehicle that is right there in the government auditors eyes.

The cops have to justify their use. Apprehending escaped convicts, missing child searches, high speed car chases, you name it, they get used for it.

Spending time *looking* for small patches of home grown weed isn't one of the things that justify their use, lease or ownership. If the chopper crew is assigned a few hours to "put a scare into the home weed growers", they would do a quick fly over of as many houses as possible, jot the long-lat of each place they "think" they see plants and send in the dope dogs and piggies on foot.

The resources are what HAVE to be justified in this short dollar economy. They just can't go crazy on yard searches and chopper use.

If someone has 3 or 4 plants for personal use, I seriously doubt the choppers will even see them, much less investigate. UNLESS someone who is already a known problem lands in their cross-hairs.

Like all illegal weed growing, you play your odds. Inside, outside, large grow or small, we all take our chances at becoming a gold star on the lunch box of some doughnut eating oinker with a pot-belly.

If a patrol car didn't show up after 24 hours of the fly over, I'd say they didn't see or didn't care. If they were going to bust you for a grow they saw, it would have happened already.

However, if you have a plot of a hundred plants, then sure, the cops might gain a little more interest.

One is a state chopper, the other is being leased. I guess I am going to ride it out. It's not on my property, just near it so I can always hear the choppers.

Ideally, half of them need another week. And we all know how important the final few weeks are. Literally, the difference between night and day. So, I am going to chance it and just be ready to move at a moments notice. If they are spotted, hopefully they will move along and I can yank them and move them to a safe place for a few days before i bring them in to dry.

Thanks for the help everyone!

DLtoker said:
So, tell me. Would you harvest half your crop to minimize the chances of it sticking out. Or should I just go for all or nothing. I am sure they will be overhead again tomorrow morning. :holysheep:

I'd take a couple that are really close to ensure you not walking away empty handed. Take the chance with the others. Also keep your eyes open. They might be waiting to see if someone goes up to the plants. Hopes for catching redhanded.

I am glad this thread has came up I too was worried about choppers flying over my crop too, but they flew over my house at night sometimes. I seen some circle my house a few times I was a little paranoid after a friend told me they use inferred to look for the plants and being in cali and all anything is possible.Then a few months pass and I realized that all that was is just paranoia they aren't gonna go after 5 lil 3 foot plants...

last night all my lights are on in the yard and the chopper was out again..with the light pointed down for searching..lets just say I finished my watering fast and got those lights off..
If they arent on your land I would leave them...

Mutt said:
I'd take a couple that are really close to ensure you not walking away empty handed. Take the chance with the others. Also keep your eyes open. They might be waiting to see if someone goes up to the plants. Hopes for catching redhanded.
:yeahthat: It's very common for them to watch the plot in hopes of catching the gardener.. I would be very, very cautious. Be safe and goodluck!!

DL,
Don't pull em'!! :p I'm sure they have not spotted your grow.Keep your area clean,and i think your OK :D I have choopers flying over all the time.I keep trash out of the grow,I never chopp trees,and I am far away from water sources.Without these factors playing in their favor you have the upper hand.Never put fake flowers on plants unless your growing around flowers,of the same color.Native flowers will die,so be prepared to take them off as well:D like you said "sore thumbs" stick out,and I don't think your trying to hitch a ride :D
Stay cool

hOW MANY YOU HAVE? The fed's come into the sceen when the plant count is over 99. Simply obtain a " sTATE M.M. I.D.CARD" and your city/county plant counts do not abide for you. Don't go over 99 and your fine.

xxx.calmmp.ca.gov-change xxx to www. See for yourself. This site is for Lawenforcement to have 24/7 acces to verify the patient. GET IT AND GET IT QUICK. THE LAW WILL CHANGE AND IT'S GONNA BE VERY DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN IN THE NEAR FUTURE

Three days after the fing choppers were flying over. State troupers harvested 3 plots for me Damn SOB's

If you see the choppers over your area stay out of it for a few weeks or when you go to them just harvest what is there and be happy

Latest posts

Back