cleaning your pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redemption

Psychonaut
Reaction score
Just now I was about to make some weed cookies. I have made cookies once before and they turned out amazing. As I was going over the recipe for cannabutter however, I noticed a step I had skipped last time around. The recipe said to wash you bud before cooking with it. It sounds like a good idea, especially since the weed I'm using was grown outdoors. I was just wondering though... does washing the bud with water degrade the potency at all? Could it potentially knock off trichomes (crystals), making the bud less potent? Does anyone have any advice or methods they've used? Any problems/solutions you've encountered?

Thanks
Mike

Well, think about the way some hash is made. They put it in cold water and shake it around to knock off the trichromes and put the water through a screen to catch them. I don't think it's a good idea to wash it. I mean, if your worried about bacteria, don't. They can't live in the temps used to cook cookies. And I would hope there are no chemicals that are bad for you, seeing as on how smoking is no better and could be worse. I'd just stick it in there.

laylow is right; if you didn't die from smokin it, then it's fine to cook!

cool thanks guys, I'll take your advice and just use it as is. I'm not actually that worried about it, I've never had problems smoking the stuff, so I'm sure it's fine.:ccc: :ccc:

Latest posts

Back