clone going to make it? questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teddy d

Reaction score
i have a cutting in some peat patty seed starter type soil in a cooler with one 60w incandescent and a 25w energy saver flouro. its about 10 days old used rootone powder. its at 75 degrees F and high humidity. water it with ph 5-6.

question is: i have the option to put it under a 75w MH, or two 40w flouro lights. but its yellowing and does not have roots yet. im afraid to burn it with to much light since it does not have any roots what so ever.

so more light? or leave it alone and be patient?
this photo is about 2 days old its getting even more yellow on the bottom leaves that are cut.
thanks!

just landed a 400w MH tonight! i should be good when this thing grows roots now...

IMAGE_006.jpg

IMAGE_005.jpg

Whats up with the saran wrap? It probably needs some air!

Clones need minimal light while trying to root...you want to keep your humidity high and medium moist...from those pics it looks pretty good...they always yellow a bit as they are putting down roots...as long as it does not flop over and start to shrivel up you shld let it do it's thing...

IMO change the incandescent to a 25 watt flouro and keep it moist. The yellowing in normal for clones. It is the cutting pulling nutes out of the leaves to start root growth. Most cutting take 10+ days to root.

That clone looks fine to me right now. Just be cool and calm it will most likely show roots in a few more days.

it gets vented daily but its in the basement and its winter here. i was reading other peoples posts and it seemed that most people used a plasitc lid for humidity on clones....

By the way...you shld take those pics down and upload them to this server...you can't link to pics outside this forum...it's against the rules and if a mod sees they will remove them for you...

Oh and welcome to MP....

what would happen if i dipped the stem in more rootone and put back in the soil? or would that make it start over like it was day 1?

Hamster Lewis said:
By the way...you shld take those pics down and upload them to this server...you can't link to pics outside this forum...it's against the rules and if a mod sees they will remove them for you...

Oh and welcome to MP....
thanks!!

teddy d said:
what would happen if i dipped the stem in more rootone and put back in the soil? or would that make it start over like it was day 1?

Leave it alone it is Doing Great. Cloning takes time.

teddy d said:

Best bet since it looks good is don't mess with it...it takes time...I just forget about them for a cpl days at a time and only add water when needed...

i uploaded the photos to my user gallery but dont know how to get them in this thread.... im stupid.

teddy d said:
i uploaded the photos to my user gallery but dont know how to get them in this thread.... im stupid.

Lol....not stupid...just new and shinny...:)

You click go advanced then manage attachments...then pick the pics you want to upload off your computer with the browse button...you hve to make them a certain size to upload them...I know 600 x 800 works well...then click upload...

Hamster Lewis said:
Best bet since it looks good is don't mess with it...it takes time...I just forget about them for a cpl days at a time and only add water when needed...
:yeahthat:

Especially the forget about them for a couple of days part.:hubba:

Seems like most clones get 'loved' to death.:D

I only use a dome for the first 2 or 3 days and then it comes off for good and I am in a basement in the winter.

The 2 40w fluor is fine, keep them 15" or so away. Just a little light, very little.

I'd also trim those leaves some, too much green and they lose too much moisture. I usually just leave 1 fan leaf and the top growth, but you could trim away about 1/2 or so of fan leaves if you leave several. Like trim back to 3/4" or so from the leaf stem.

Relax, you'll get there.;)

DD

try the DIY bubble cloner....it works all by itself...no yellowing or drooping and you get roots in a week or 2

New pics 13 days old. im thinking of transfering it to a glass of water so i can watch the roots grow if they ever do. what would be the best way to keep it upright in water does anyone have a trick?

its getting yellow as hell, still looks ok?

IMAGE_009.jpg

IMAGE_010.jpg

so almost all the leaves are turning yellow. it has a bunch of little roots about 1/8-1/2 inch long.

im worried that by the time the roots get to a decent size all the leaves will be dead.

should i put it under a 70watt MH?

im confused about how to transition from a hurting clone to a vegitative plant.

HOW LONG DO ROOTS HAVE TO BE to put a good light on it? i dont want to cook it to soon but even the smallest top leaves look like they might be dead in a few days. im assuming a stem with roots wont grow... correct?

please give me some insight!

THANKS

Give you roots a week to get growing then transplant the yellowing of the leaves is normal

its already been tansplanted into a 10" pot with potting soil at the first sign of root bumps so that i dont have to transplant later.

so in about a week i can put it under a 75w metal halide? then a 400w a few weeks after seeing nice growth is the plan...

What I have read, Once you see roots set it up on nutes fast growth. Keep your light higher then normal for first 2 weeks then down to normal height

thank you.

i have no idea however what nutes were used on the mother plant....
so i just used potting soil with a bit of nitrogen already in it .

Latest posts

Back