Clone only germd :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
YAY! ITS ALIVE! ITS ALIVE!

For those that dont know, this is a strain called grape ape, a CLONE ONLY from cali.. tastes like grapes, even on the 8th hit! Purples up nicely! Really dense nugs! Believe its 60 day flowering strain.
My buddy said the grower accidentally made 1 grape ape hermi and it pollinated this female.. I got 1 seed out of an zone.

Hopefully its a female.. If it is, hopefully its not a hermi! If its a male im crossing it with some of my females.. Whatever it is, im cloning it

003.JPG

Relentless999 said:
My buddy said the grower accidentally made 1 grape ape hermi and it pollinated this female..
Relentless999 said:
if it is, hopefully its not a hermi! If its a male im crossing it with some of my females.. t

I would not cross it with anything...keep it a clone only if its a female you want to keep. but please do not pollute the gene pool. It has the hermie trait. Mit not show up now, but a few cross down the line it will rear its ugly head. ;)

If it came from a hermie.........:cry: You know its genetics already. :eek:

well, it just hermied from excessive stress.. she didnt water it..
so would it still show up? doesnt seem like it should..

either way, if its a female i could keep it as a mum and take clones to flower!

Relentless999 said:
well, it just hermied from excessive stress.. she didnt water it..
so would it still show up? doesnt seem like it should..

Sure, if it didnt have that trait it wouldnt have hermied on them.

i had a SourJack clone that went hermie on me a while back and wound up pulling it early and smoking it.... i figured 1 plant had gotten stressed and decided to grow some sacs.... i recently had to cut the SourJack that's in my grow journal since it decided to go hermie on me too.... now i know it's genetic and nothing can truly be done to prevent from showing when it decides to.... i've grown this strain for over 2 years now and have only this happen in the past couple months but have decided to go ahead and flower every one i have left and phase her out of future grows....

so, keep in mind, like Mutt said, you already know the genetics.... it was pollinated by a hermie so it has hermaphroditic tendencies in its genetics.... it doesn't matter if the pollen was from a forced hermie, it's still a hermie.... if your seed comes out female keep a close eye out for male parts.... they may look like lovely ladies in veg, but that can change very quickly once they hit a flowering cycle....

best of luck to ya!

your plant will be a female but any baby ammount of stress will cause it too hermie becuase of its genetics imo if your going to take cuttings do it while its in veg

eastla_kushsmoka said:
your plant will be a female but any baby ammount of stress will cause it too hermie becuase of its genetics imo if your going to take cuttings do it while its in veg

or it may just turn because it wants to, because it has that genetic trait. It wont really matter when you cut, if the genetics are there, you dont want to play with it.

seems like any plant that was really stressed out would eventually hermi due to the fact that the plant thinks its going to die so it reproduces.

Relentless999 said:
seems like any plant that was really stressed out would eventually hermi due to the fact that the plant thinks its going to die so it reproduces.

Many will, some will do it easier than others. IMO if it has anything to do with a hermie that seed should be destroyed.

Grow it out and smoke the dang thing! almost all plants will hermi if stressed to the point of it...it's not like your basing a breeding on this seed are you, if it grows to be a fem, and she doesn't herm on you then keep producing her. I don't think you are planning to breed it to something, and start up a seed company...are you? I say if you like this weed and you were lucky enough to find a seed out of it, grow it, and see what you get.

Cinderella 99 started from a seed that was found in a bud of Jack Herer, and she is known for not producing hermi characteristics. I will probably get flamed for saying this, but I don't care and I think you sounded pretty happy about finding the seed ...so I say go ahead and grow it and see what you get. I hate hermi's as much or more than the next guy...but if I were in your shoes I'd probably grow it out and keep a close eye on it. Enjoy it if it turns out what you want...kill it if it doesn't.

ASEgrower said:
Many will, some will do it easier than others. IMO if it has anything to do with a hermie that seed should be destroyed.

ive never had a non bagseed hermie and ive tried im pretty sure its all in the genetics

ASEgrower said:
or it may just turn because it wants to, because it has that genetic trait. It wont really matter when you cut, if the genetics are there, you dont want to play with it.

The genetics are in every single marijuana plant...so should we all stop growing, tear up our gardens??? As long as this particular plant doesn't hermi, and the person is not planning on using it in a breeding program, then I don't see the problem. The only risk I see is thatif you don't catch it and it is a hermi, you may be compromising the rest of your grow. Marijuana will self fertilize if stressed...the genetic make-up is in all of our plants...well maybe I shouldn't say all...because I'm not 100% sure...but I will say most. I've seen alot of White Widows on this site that have hermi'd....so all you ww growers should toss your genetics because they carry that gene,....it makes no sense! I just tossed acouple hundred seeds from a strain I've had for over 10 yrs, because my buddy stressed a plant to the point of selfing, and I was getting around 30% herms after this...so I don't want to hear that I'm some kind of softy on herms...I'm not....I'm just saying that if that is your argument that any seeds that carry that genetic make-up should be tossed...then everyone better start chucking their femenized seeds!

legalize_freedom said:
The genetics are in every single marijuana plant...so should we all stop growing, tear up our gardens??? As long as this particular plant doesn't hermi, and the person is not planning on using it in a breeding program, then I don't see the problem. The only risk I see is thatif you don't catch it and it is a hermi, you may be compromising the rest of your grow. Marijuana will self fertilize if stressed...the genetic make-up is in all of our plants...well maybe I shouldn't say all...because I'm not 100% sure...but I will say most. I've seen alot of White Widows on this site that have hermi'd....so all you ww growers should toss your genetics because they carry that gene,....it makes no sense! I just tossed acouple hundred seeds from a strain I've had for over 10 yrs, because my buddy stressed a plant to the point of selfing, and I was getting around 30% herms after this...so I don't want to hear that I'm some kind of softy on herms...I'm not....I'm just saying that if that is your argument that any seeds that carry that genetic make-up should be tossed...then everyone better start chucking their femenized seeds!

like i told the guy keep it stress free and he'll be good but it is the genetics

eastla_kushsmoka said:
ive never had a non bagseed hermie and ive tried im pretty sure its all in the genetics

Exactly Kushsmoka! Because you are not a rookie...you know how to grow it without stressing it out. The thing that makes me sick is reading about how some newbi stressed their plant to hell, and get mad and blame the GENETICS instead of saying....hmmm what did I do wrong...No it's the BREEDERS fault.

The stuff I tossed I had never seen a Hermi in over 10 yrs, my buddy forced it to herm to try to make FEM seeds, and ruined it, because he brought that trait out intentionally for breeding..and the trait stuck in the offspring...a strain I had never seen a herm, suddenly like 30% herms...so the trait is there...I'm not a breeder...or a geneticist (or a very good speller lol) This is why the average joe shmo should not play breeder...but it's not hurting anything by this person trying to grow a seed that is usually found in clone only as long as they are not planning on marketing the offspring. That beeing said...I'm going to go kill this male C99/AK47 I've been saving to make more seeds...not because of Hermi traits....but I just said I'm not a breeder...so why mess with it, when I can buy another pack of seeds for 50 bucks...lol I need to practice what I preach!

legalize_freedom said:

Exactly, some plants genetically will hermie easier, and he has one. Why risk propegating that undesireable trait? You dont need to post sarcastic crap, we arent here to stoke egos, just grow weed.

I'm just saying that if that is your argument that any seeds that carry that genetic make-up should be tossed...then everyone better start chucking their femenized seeds!
..been saying it since their coming on the scene a few years ago....:confused2:
..now.. there ARE methods of creating 'femminised' seeds that reduce the chance of propogating the hermie gene. BUT random pollination by an unknown one, is NOT one of them...
IMO....There's nothing wrong with him growing out the seed, and possibly further propogating through clones, "IF" he finds it worthy and doesn't use it as a breeding subject..or pass it around where it might further distribute the undesirable. i.e. "remember where it most likely came from"...

oh you 'must' be mistaken umbra.. we would never discuss redundant subjects .... would we?.. ;)

Latest posts

Back