Clone Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_ss

Reaction score
hello everyone..

my plants now is about 12inches tall.. i cloned them

after about 1 hour under the floro lights they started to bend little bit!! is that normal? or im doing some thing wrong?

the temps is perfict about 78-80

Thanks

correct me if im wrong cause im just a newbie that reads a lot but the first 6 hours they should look a little unhealthy from the shock but if you check them in 24 hours hours they should be fine. I would quote who ever posted that info..but i forgot who. :eek:

I dont understand the stage your plant is in. It sounds like you cloned a 12" shoot and are just introducing it to the light.

Or Maybe you took clones from a 12" plant using some method and the stem is bending while trying to root.

they will look a little wilted. make sure the dome is on correctly and they should look better the next day. You should develop some condensation on the inside of your dome if the humidity is correct.
Good luck with your new babies

Sometimes mine would bend right over to the ground and still survive. They should be ok. I am no expert, I can only 50-75% success rate. Some strains root easy, and others don't.

Thanks guys.. but my clones have bent from the first day i cut them and untill today after one week they are still the same(bend).. i used some root howmones and i cutted them in an angle.. the bigger plants that i cutted from them i turnned them to 12/12

the clones i cutt look horoble.. they are bend and look dry..

- if the soil is dry should i water those clones? or i have to water them only once when i cut them?

- also i cut half of the leaves from the clones as i saw in a cloning video in yotube?

- im putting those clones under light with one small plant that just sprouted from a seed? is it ok or i shoul seperate ?

please help..Thanks

Hello,

How qiuck were you when you did the cutting and dipped the stem into the solution. Sometimes air bubbles get stuck at the base of the stem not allowing anything to get by it. but that my not even be your problem.

Thanks
SALT

thanks bro.. i cut the clone and i dip it right away in the hormone than to soil!! i did all of that in about 30 secs?

Thanks Hick.. i did all of that but still horobble result!!

red_ss said:
Thanks Hick.. i did all of that but still horobble result!!

I dont know if you have tryed using rockwool but I find it very easy and the rooted cube can be planted in soil or go into hydro.

Its not to late to take clones from the plants you put into 12/12.

Just take the clone the same way you did just stick it down in a 1x1 rockwool cube and put the cubes in a cookie sheet and keep the bottom of the cube in about 1/4 inch of water.

I dont use domes or misting just keep the cube wet, at first you want them real wet then in a week gradually reduce how much water you give them.

Takes 2-3 weeks but you will have a nice big root mass.

They will usually bend over the first few days but then they should straighten up. Jus keep em misted, warm, clean and not soakin wet. With one of my strains, i get 100% success rate wen cloning! Just follow the simple plan.

Thanks guys GrowDude and Yeroc1982.. ill work buy your tips and waite for the results..

clones take 2-3 weeks?? i thought its take only 7-10 days??

red_ss said:
Thanks guys GrowDude and Yeroc1982.. ill work buy your tips and waite for the results..

clones take 2-3 weeks?? i thought its take only 7-10 days??

Cant say for others but it depends what you call a rooted clone, ive seen clones come from cloning mach. that just had a few roots coming from the clone in that time.
In the rockwool you cant see the roots so by the time they start to show they have grown quite abit inside the cube.

I like my clones to have a nice root mass coming out of the clone, this ussally just sits in the bottom of the cookie sheet, somtimes ill cover exposed roots with hydroton.
But when I pull them the roots are long enough to put into any system.

I have clones that are almost a month old, and just starting to root. While my other ones rooted in 2 weeks. Clones take alot of tlc and time. That of which sometimes I do not have time for (that is probably the reason they take so long to root for me). But you definately have to water them. That is probably why they are bent over and dry. Do you think they are dead?

Thanks guys.. i dont think they are dead but they look so close!! one of the clones were bend but i noticed that it stand up again i think it might have a chance! ill waite for the others also

Hey Red...I too am tryn the art of cloning....I tried the soil clone 2 times and failed on both..I made a Bubble cloner from this DIY forum and we will see...I know we need to practice patience when it comes to this..and IMO this is the toughest part of growing that I have had so far...I know we will get it down sooner or later...Good luck

Keep in mind that the clones probably came from a curved branch. The clones naturally want to assume that same curved shape. They will usually straighten up in a couple of days under floro lights. If not, I use small sticks inserted into the rooting medium to straighten them up. These "splints" can be removed after a couple of days and the clone will remain upright.

Now that I am achieving nearly 100% success rate on my clones, I can admit that I killed many clones before I figured it out.

Latest posts

Back