Clone question.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so when ill be eable to take clones from it they'll be very tall and thats b4 the flowreing stage

so at harvest time they will be really tall :(
at least ill have there clones so i wont strach them next cycle

when you have more alternating nodes dude. do some reading, and more reading on site. you've got alot of learning here my friend. read, read, read...Irish...

Your plant is stretching really bad. You need more/better light that is closer and a fan blowing on your plant. You are a long long ways from being able to take a clone. Go to the Resource section and read and then read all the stickies in the individual forums that apply to how you are growing.

looks like the plant is starving for light stretching with no branching if you take a piece of wire hook to your bucket and slowly bend the top over and hook to the wire ( LST) this will promote branches for your clones remember to always take that cutting above a leaf node or that branch is gone hope this helps

its now on a 400w 18/6 do you think it'll be better do to give it more light or something?

Sentenced said:
its now on a 400w 18/6 do you think it'll be better do to give it more light or something?
That's PLENTY of light. I think it must be much higher than it needs to be.

Move the light so that it's 18 inches from the top of the plant.

You might be able to get it within 12 inches, but be very, very careful to not burn the plant. If you move it down that low, check the plant every 30 minutes for any signs of heat stress or wilting.

18 inches won't harm it.

With the light closer, you'll have to water more often. It'll cause faster evaporation from the soil and also more transpiration of the plant.

This is a plant that has been veggin for a month under a 400w hps.
Just like stoney said 12-18 inches away.
Once your looks something like this, its time to clone.
This is 1 that didnt get much love, im just showing you with the right light and some love they will grow for you.
GOOD LUCK and get some light on it.

IMG00039-20090905-1037.jpg

thanks alot for the pic!

i guess i have to wait now and let time do his work

i just hope they'll stop streach and that it isnt too late

how expensive is 400w working on 18/6 in electricity?

cuz its sound a lot

one 400w lamp
one small fan
2 small light for the clone room

isnt that will be alot?

Sentenced said:
how expensive is 400w working on 18/6 in electricity?

cuz its sound a lot

one 400w lamp
one small fan
2 small light for the clone room

isnt that will be alot?[/quote}

This is about 9 kilowatt hours a day. Look at your power bill and see how much a kilowatt is and you can figure your monthly cost. Most likely it will be less than a dollar a day.

im not suyre what ur saying ,but ur maiing it hjarder than what it really is...look..if u have a seed grow it under 24 or 18/6 of light until aboout 2 months old, take clones from it and put them under 12/12 then u will know what ur seed plants are..either male or female...if the clones in the flowering process turn male do away withem unless u want seeds, if ur clones have hairs then u know u have a mother plant ..so take ur mother thats still under 24 hours of light that come from ur seed..keep growing it and take clones from it, dont ever bud it...unless its gonna outgrow the container soon..but if u do bud it ,make sure to take a few clones from it and make sure they take root so u will have a mother plant from the same strain and u will still have plants to bud..as long as u have a mother plant, you are gonna have a harvest..thats a fact...bottom line..get u a female(mother) clone her..then grow the clones for 1 month or until about 22 inches tall and bud them..when u put ur clones over into flowering ,,go ahead and cut some more clones so when ur previous clones that flowering gets done..u can just take ur newly cut clones and put them in ur flowering....and this my friend will let u harvest ever 2 months or so.....cant explain it much better than that friend..hope that helps

Sentenced said:
so when ill be eable to take clones from it they'll be very tall and thats b4 the flowreing stage

so at harvest time they will be really tall :(
at least ill have there clones so i wont strach them next cycle

u can take clones off any branch just about well pretty much yeah u can....pick out a cloen or a branch that u want to cut...count atleast 3 nodes down ,cut that leaf off the node and then go down right above the next node and cut diagnol ,dip an plant and put under light....florecents are good for cloning and starting seeds btw...if u have a tray with a dome ,use it..its good for humidity..and cloning needs humidity

Latest posts

Back