Cloning brown leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Sir Smokes Alot_

Yup, thas some gud budddd
Reaction score
Well I was looking into cloning my biggest mother. Her buds are starting to really fill out and I think that if I could clone her I could see much better yields. But I some brown leaves where I wanted to take the clones from, my question: Is that ok? Will it develop new green growth?

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:
Well I was looking into cloning my biggest mother. Her buds are starting to really fill out and I think that if I could clone her I could see much better yields. But I some brown leaves where I wanted to take the clones from, my question: Is that ok? Will it develop new green growth?

Taking clones from a flowering plant can be tricky. Generally if they're flowering (which all mothers will do eventually) it's gonna take 4+ weeks .......IF...... they decide to root. Brown on the leaves maybe some sign of disease, or infestation, mould, or nutrient deficiency/abundancy. kinda hard to tell without pictures. ...........IF......... it roots, yes, you'll see new green growth from the top of it......however, like i said, flowering plants that far along, can be a pain in the rump to clone. I'm not the expert however, this is just what I've found out from personal experience.

:watchplant: Good luck. Be gentle if you do decide to chop on her.

Might be too late already. Same as the reveg problem.
For instance, I was planning to reveg my two moms for the second time. No way. The fan leaves all turned yellow and died - "flowered out" - no way I could revive them. Fortunately I still have three clones and have switched to 16/8 while they still have good fan leaves and the bottom third colas still have white hairs. If you're going to clone from flower it involves reveg also.

The health of the donor and the cutting will directly relate to your success rate of the roots taking. If you are going to clone a mother I would definitely take a cutting from somewhere healthy, and with no brown.

I'm just going to wait I guess till the nest grow. But this plant was bag seed and sprouted the quickest, grew up the tallest and fastest...I just wanted to see if there was anyway to get another one.

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:
I'm just going to wait I guess till the nest grow. But this plant was bag seed and sprouted the quickest, grew up the tallest and fastest...I just wanted to see if there was anyway to get another one.

Try and clone it what do you have to lose?

I dont believe it ever to late to re vegg, you just have to leave enough buds and leaves (about a 1/3 or more of the plant).

Yea but could clipping it this late really put a lot of stress on the plant? Maybe shocking how the bud growth? Idk that's why I ask

what week of flowering was it in? I skimmed the rest of the posts but didn't see it, though...smoke'em'too'much'em is in effect lol. Anyway, you'll undoubtedly stress the mother plant out. Thing is - it's a mother plant right? Generally I don't even care about the buds off 'em, so if yield is important, take maybe 2 to 3 clones. That will only set you back maybe 3 days or even less. Like i said, i'm no expert. I dont reckon it will GREATLY effect the yield, unless you completely butcher her.

Latest posts

Back