Cloning question..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
I saw a couple of threads on cloning, but now cant seem to find them.. if anyone has the link I would greatly appreciate it..

Onto the questions..

I took two clones off a female that has been in flowering for 2 weeks.. the clones had a little piece of bud, but not much..
Do you think they will root?

Also, is there any way to tell if ur clones are going to root before u see roots?

On wednesday I took 3 clones.. all were about 6".. I cut at a 45* angle, and then recut for more surface area, along with making some slits for more roots to come out the main stem.. then I put some olivias rooting hormone gel on it and put the clone in a rockwool starter cube.. I cut all the leaves off the bottom side and left a lot of top.. i keep the clones really humid by spraying them every 3-5 hours or so..

the clones i took wednesday still arent drooping.. leads me to believe its going to work.. btw this is my first time cloning if u cant tell..

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Relentless999 said:
I saw a couple of threads on cloning, but now cant seem to find them.. if anyone has the link I would greatly appreciate it..

Onto the questions..

I took two clones off a female that has been in flowering for 2 weeks.. the clones had a little piece of bud, but not much..
Do you think they will root?

Yup! They'll take a while to revert to a veg state and then will start with single bladed leaves but in time they'll do just fine.

Also, is there any way to tell if ur clones are going to root before u see roots?

Nope... but all the signs sound like it's going to be very successful.

On wednesday I took 3 clones.. all were about 6".. I cut at a 45* angle, and then recut for more surface area, along with making some slits for more roots to come out the main stem.. then I put some olivias rooting hormone gel on it and put the clone in a rockwool starter cube.. I cut all the leaves off the bottom side and left a lot of top.. i keep the clones really humid by spraying them every 3-5 hours or so..

the clones i took wednesday still arent drooping.. leads me to believe its going to work.. btw this is my first time cloning if u cant tell..

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Clones let you know when they're not happy. Especially when you do them in soil... It's not unusual for lots of drooping and for them to look like crap and then they creep back from death's door time and again. As you can see, rockwool cubes work great... They give the stem great contact with the medium and the moisture level self regulates very well. Every few days you can give them a very light amount of Olivia's to keep the cubes adequately moist. I like to use an old turkey baster that my ex would't use in the kitchen anymore after I tried it out in the garden to feed my seedlings! ;) I'm sure you can back off on the misting now. Do it every 5-6 hours for a couple days, then only if you notice the leaves dip at all. If they still look perky at that point I'd remove the dome as I prefer my stems and substrate surface, no matter what I use to have air moving over it to prevent fungus, funk or any chance of stem rot...

Rock ON R999!:cool:

it sounds like you are doing everything ok. do you have them under a humidity dome?

thanks guys. as far as feeding some olivia rooting hormone to the clones.. how would one do this? I have the gel..

It sounds like you have done everything fine so far.
It can take two weeks or more to get roots, 7-10 seems fairly common.
Keep em moist although i dont mist but each to his own and leave them too it.
Too much attention can be a bad thing

keep em moist, but not wet.. that was my problem with my first tries at cloning.. giving too much love. as soon as i started neglecting, they all rooted.

*oh and at the very bottom of this page there's a list of similar threads, maybe it was one of them ;)

Relentless999 said:
thanks guys. as far as feeding some olivia rooting hormone to the clones.. how would one do this? I have the gel..

Oh... I thought you were talking about Olivia's Solution, not the gel... Just keep the rockwool moist to the touch and you'll be golden!

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back