Cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowinGreen

♥ ςticky icky
Reaction score
I just bought some Olivia's cloning gel and I am about to take some clones from my female AI and want some opinions.

I clone using rockwool cubes and a humidity dome- is it alright to leave about a 1/4" of standing water in the tray so the cubes don't dry out? Or do you think this would make the cubes too wet for the plant to root?

I sometimes leave some water it the tray. Mine have channels so the rockwool just touches the water. I have 100% success with rockwool.

G09 037.JPE

G09 039.JPE

So you don't think it keeps the rockwool too wet?

With the humidity dome, it sweats inside keeping the cubes wet. I only put 3/4" of water in the bottom tray, than I put my cube tray on with the clones in it, than I put the dome on. I keep my heat pad at 85 degrees. The only watering I do is to keep 3/4" of water in the bottom tray. From time to time, I mist them. I use Clonex rooting gel & distilled water with Clonex cloning solution. It never fails. My grodan cubes never touch the water in the bottom tray.

Latest posts

Back