Closet Grow: 250W HPS, 12/12 from seed, Soil, Bagseed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've identified my first strain because the smell is completely recognizable.. SKUNK. And I do mean really really skunky. There are two flowers that have sprung out their pistils and they stink to high heaven. Beautiful thing.

Out of 6 plants, so far here are the stats:

1. Didn't live, too scrawny and was killed.
2. Male Indica, many balls showing on nodes 5 and 6.
3. Unknown, appears to be female but still to early to tell.
4. Unknown, form matches plant 3, appears to be female but still a little early to tell (80% sure).
5. Unknown, form matches plants 3 and 4, 90% sure its female.
6. Skunk of unknown, Bushier and less compact than 3 and 4, Female.

The pants are becoming what appears to be somewhat root bound. I filled each grow bag up loosely to the top and after 3 weeks of watering, they have settled quite a bit. So I have purchased 4 6L Grow pots and another bag of FF Ocean Forest. I will be transplanting them with a bit of Hydroton on the bottom for enhanced drainage. This should keep them from becoming too root bound for a little.

I'm excited. 5 more feet of room to grow, and I have at least one confirmed lady.

Yeah its on the list to do for tomorrow, also including transplant and starting transitional bloom feeding.

Or save it and use it for hash. Just don't pollinate your crop, :)!

Thats not what I heard/read at all? You can make hash out of the males with some bags... At least thats what other forums and people say...

Abso said:
Or save it and use it for hash. Just don't pollinate your crop, :)!

trillions of atoms said:
sorry, you cannot use males for hash. they contain no THC.

You can't make hash in the traditional sense out of them, but you can make Iso Hash Oil out of them.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1581

There is a little THC that can be extracted using that method but they don't have trichs so you can't make real hash. It won't be very strong but it will get you higher than putting the male in the composter or incinerator.

The ladies are looking good in the last pictures! Just keep thinking big fat buds!!!

LOL! ~-:)

Waste of time unless you posses a few ounces of leaves. Were talking a single male plant that dried weighs less than 2 grams.

I'll update later. I've done some LST and pruning.

Throw him in a ziploc and let him wait for some friends. Its not like he is going to ask for something to eat or hit off your pipe until you save up enough to be worth while.

Might have a friend not too long from now. Looks like the bastard in the corner that has not been LST'd is a male.

New pictures, post transplant and LST. I'm kinda wishing I had a screen right now.:smoke1:

DSCF0128.JPG

DSCF0129.JPG

DSCF0131.JPG

DSCF0132.JPG

All plants are now sexually mature and flowering profusely. I wish I could macro for you so I could show you how the bud sites are opening up.

So for the big update. I have three females, each with their own personality. One is very vigorous and big with long lengthy leaves. One is tight and bushy on the main cola with only 4 lower growths branching off into 8. The other middle one is starting to mimic the biggest plant.

I also have started SCRoG training them into a small screen. These plants are overgrowing the screen already so I expect not to much more work to fill it up, which is awesome.

I have switched over to 600ppm Bloom nutrients for the rest of the grow, still using distilled water with a pH of 5.5 - 6. Soil PH is a steady 6.8. If it drops too low, I can always water with my 8 pH tap water, however the plants don't seem to take well to it as much as the Distilled.

Also I need some advise. I made a break in the main stalk near the top cola tonight while training. Im not sure how big a deal this is. The top cola seems to have suffered, but all the rest of the plant is very very healthy and already budding. You tell me! Should I be concerned about the break? How long till it heals?

Pictures!

DSCF0128.JPG

DSCF0129.JPG

DSCF0130.JPG

DSCF0131.JPG

DSCF0132.JPG

DSCF0133.JPG

Ok so.. what happens now that the top of the biggest plant has fallen off :(

I'm so unhappy for my baby. It sucks :( NoooooooooO!

its just a weed man, also i flower plants hella young too, kinda a trait i guess lol....
i've got the same therm/hum meter...

Harvest Report and recap:

I noticed that one of the plants dropped 3 male flowers. I pinched each one off, but I found an open banana one morning. Polination was pretty quick and I ended up with one seedy batch of weed.

Harvest came after 8 weeks of actual flowering (as timed from the point where flowering was shown). The buds were mostly compact with lots of brown hairs. I ended up not being the most seedy weed of all, but none the less there is enough to be slightly annoying.

Dry weight: 3-4 ounces after you factor in what i've smoked and gave away before measuring.

Now for the good part- the smoke report:

Smell: Pine with a hint of fruit punch
THC Content: Low Mid - Very sticky buds with a light reflective coating of crystals
High: 1/2 Couchlock, 1/2 Energy Buzz. I have no munchies problems when smoking this, and can feel the buzz intensity peak after 30 minutes. Slight amount of creep to the high. Lasts 2-3 hours from a big dose. I have no problems finding motivation to work, but enjoy the relaxation time much more. Great Anxiety killer, takes the edge off nicely without making you incoherent.

I don't have many pictures of the ending because the camera failed, however I can post a few if requested. Really this was a great learning experience, however it is time to move on. Nirvana Aurora Indica is next after a grow closet remodel, including CO2 and a possible Vertical SOG.

ugmjfarmer said:
I've identified my first strain because the smell is completely recognizable.. SKUNK. And I do mean really really skunky. There are two flowers that have sprung out their pistils and they stink to high heaven. Beautiful thing.

Out of 6 plants, so far here are the stats:

1. Didn't live, too scrawny and was killed.
Farmer, never kill small plants if they don't die by themselves. Any weed is weed, eh?

2. Male Indica, many balls showing on nodes 5 and 6.
3. Unknown, appears to be female but still to early to tell.
4. Unknown, form matches plant 3, appears to be female but still a little early to tell (80% sure).
5. Unknown, form matches plants 3 and 4, 90% sure its female.
6. Skunk of unknown, Bushier and less compact than 3 and 4, Female.
You won't be able to tell just because of growth patterns. You need to visualy see a female preflower, and should assume it's a male from the beginning. Just my opinion :D.

The pants are becoming what appears to be somewhat root bound. I filled each grow bag up loosely to the top and after 3 weeks of watering, they have settled quite a bit. So I have purchased 4 6L Grow pots and another bag of FF Ocean Forest. I will be transplanting them with a bit of Hydroton on the bottom for enhanced drainage. This should keep them from becoming too root bound for a little.

I'm excited. 5 more feet of room to grow, and I have at least one confirmed lady.

DankCloset said:
its just a weed man, also i flower plants hella young too, kinda a trait i guess lol....
i've got the same therm/hum meter...
It's actually scientifically classified as a flower and an herb, but not a weed :rolleyes:.

ugmjfarmer said:
Harvest Report and recap:

I noticed that one of the plants dropped 3 male flowers. I pinched each one off, but I found an open banana one morning. Polination was pretty quick and I ended up with one seedy batch of weed.
NEVER pinch any male flowers just kill them as sooon as possible. First, i spray a spraybottle of water on the males to settle the pollen and make sure it can't float. Then I put a bag over them, making sure 100% they don't pollinate.

Other than that can't wait for pics great grow man! GROW them seeds if they ain't hermies you'll have some f1's! Go ahead, name your strain.:p

Latest posts

Back