columnar plant stains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jungle

kind bud
Reaction score
Don't mean to wear these boards out but I'm interested to know what marijuana strains.....regularly grow in colums.....tall and narrow....instead of bushy....I know satori does, which i have....and the fourway plant I grew last time did..and I have a few seeds of fourway.....but i think this one varies....in shape......anyone know of strains that are good...that grow tall and narrow more columnar..and they grow this way regularly........Do the tall narrow strains....have any heavy production?...as far as amount goes..?..
.Thank you..sorry I misspelled strains in the title..

Are you talking about Indica and Sativa? Generally Indica's are a shorter bushier plant compared to Sativa's which grow much taller and yes they can be very heavy producers. Although I wouldn't say they are narrow though, check out some of the journals and compare them both they look different.

Sorry if this isn't what you are talking about good luck either way.

Check out TURKEYNECK's gigabud grow. I think he de-limbed for a while, but probably right at what you are looking for.

smokey the herb...I do know what a sativa is...and a indica....and both can be to wide....in the satori discription at attitude seed bank it descroibes it as a slender plant that can be planted in narrow rows......the grow room I'm planning on having is 3' wide x 4' long x 5 1/2' tall.....I'm thinking 10 satoris in there....as they sit beside each other they each will have 1 1/2' square feet to grow in ....for example you have two rows of corn......10 corn plants all together....there will be 5 in each row.......the branches on the satori...I guess grow up and towards the main stem.....instead of branching out....so they grow more up instead of out....more than likely any that grow like this will be sativas...but not necasarily...so I was just wondering if anyone knows of a strain or 2 that have a simular growth style or patter.....I'm checking out turkeyneck next seewhats going on there...thanks you guys..

I checked out gigabud at turkeyneck....it's to wide of a plant but very nice though low to..

I've browsed attitude seed bank this morning......looking for cantalope haze....but can't find it......I did come across a strain called strawberry cough...by DNA Genetics......It has a narrow shape to it..and grows to a med height....can be grown close to other plants......has anyone sampled this one and liked it? The cantalope haze is not a narrow plant but I want to grow it again.....is there a simular strain I can find at attitude...maybe under a diferent name possibly? also is there tutti fruiti at attitude?

jungle said:
Don't mean to wear these boards out but I'm interested to know what marijuana strains.....regularly grow in colums.....tall and narrow....instead of bushy....I know satori does, which i have....and the fourway plant I grew last time did..and I have a few seeds of fourway.....but i think this one varies....in shape......anyone know of strains that are good...that grow tall and narrow more columnar..and they grow this way regularly........Do the tall narrow strains....have any heavy production?...as far as amount goes..?..
.Thank you..sorry I misspelled strains in the title..

Why don't you try growing a few plants from seed on 12/12? They produce one single cola, regardless of genetic heritage, with minimal if any at all side branches. They can be planted in a tray rather than in pots, like a sea of green can be. If you have not heard of doing this look it up, even if you've heard not to, just do this with a few of your seeds anyway, to see if this will work for you. They produce like a late popping seed outside would, one long bud that didn't have time to get big or wide, but just enough to pass seeds to the next generation in the wild. You can reveg anything that you like, i regularly use this method to try a new strain before decieding to grow out all my seeds or not and hunt for a real keeper; and sometimes the 12 and 12 from seed one is the real keeper. You would have much better/controlable sizes to deal with.

Hi this is my latest plan...what was shared with me...from someone.....buy tall tupperware...thats about 4" wide...the kind that hold cereal or something...but tall and narrow shape...place 2lbs of dirt in containers...drill holes in tyhe bottom..I can put 16 of these in a 4' x4' grow area....let them grow a bit...then cut side branches...then begin to flower....then I will have 16 nice baseball bat size colas growing...He said this method will yield me about a pound...Do you like this idea as well? I will study up on your method...thank you...

jungle said:
Hi this is my latest plan...what was shared with me...from someone.....buy tall tupperware...thats about 4" wide...the kind that hold cereal or something...but tall and narrow shape...place 2lbs of dirt in containers...drill holes in tyhe bottom..I can put 16 of these in a 4' x4' grow area....let them grow a bit...then cut side branches...then begin to flower....then I will have 16 nice baseball bat size colas growing...He said this method will yield me about a pound...Do you like this idea as well? I will study up on your method...thank you...

That will work well i think, i have some tall thin water pitchers that hold a pound and a half of dirt and have a neat handle on the side.

Don't think i mentioned it before, but with 12/12 from seed, you get to sex it in less than 2 weeks; whereas if you grow it to 4-6 inches on 24 hours of light for 2 weeks, it will still take 2 weeks on 12/12 in the flower room to tell the sex.

Don't know about the pound though...I do know that if you shoot for half a pound you will be happier with what ever you do get in the end.

I remember folks talking about those tall containers. I think they are for bread and you need to shop around for best prices. It varies a lot.

It all sounds good......flowering from seed sounds ok...If I want clones ...I can veg awhile ...clip the branches leave the top...and take cuttings ..or grow from seed harvest buds reveg plant for cuttings.....for clones.......I'll look arouind for prices of tall narrow plastic bread containers....maybe like you say i can try flowering some from seed , (would a cat litter box be good for the plants flowered from seed) and veg some also before flowering....thank you

jungle said:
It all sounds good......flowering from seed sounds ok...If I want clones ...I can veg awhile ...clip the branches leave the top...and take cuttings ..or grow from seed harvest buds reveg plant for cuttings.....for clones.......I'll look arouind for prices of tall narrow plastic bread containers....maybe like you say i can try flowering some from seed , (would a cat litter box be good for the plants flowered from seed) and veg some also before flowering....thank you

Cat litter pans work well. We could probably start a thread on containers in the other section, but i have take hundreds of plants back down after clipping off the bud, and i know how roots grow... and they don't grow thru much of the firt that they sit in, they grow aroudn and around and around the edges and on the lower portion of it. Pans rule. Pots and bucket are a second by far. I would prefer to grow in a kiddie pool, those round ridged plastic blue deals that are everywhere in the summer. Many plants in good dirt and lots of sideways room for them to run around and around and around.

This will be a list of columar plants...I will keep adding new ones....as i find them out..The purpose being is to grow slender narrow plants....closer together....so one could have more plants.....If you know of a strain that grows slender and narrow...post a reply and we can add it to the list....I hope this is ok.....

1. Satori
2. strawberry cough
3. Aurora Indica
4. South India x Skunk High Quality seeds.
5. FourWay......the one I grew was slender and narrow...but others may not
6. Chemo x C99
7. Romulan x Blueberry sativa

jungle said:
(would a cat litter box be good for the plants flowered from seed)

i think it would probably be most prudent to ask your cat first,
could lead to trouble.... :argue:

i had a cat that liked to **** in the indoor house plants.
i loved that cat, lol.

Latest posts

Back