Computer Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the breakfast is getting cancelled. Wife doesn't feel like going and Granddaughters parents isn't up and ready.😁

My wife bought a new laptop and it has no SD card slot. Manufacturers are trying to push the new USB-C tech. It is a way to force us to buy new stuff. Ness could get something like this though…

Memory Card Reader, BENFEI 4in1 USB USB-C to SD Micro SD MS CF Card Reader Adapter https://a.co/d/gVFmnOq
Thank you oldfogey. I had a Memory Card Reader, but I can fine it. I'm telling you I'll be just sitting in the same spot and things just get up move. Happen all the time.

Screenshot_20221210-092844.png

Last edited:
Hopper i just was deleting picture of my San Disk and in doing that it deletes all my picture luckily, I post my newest picture before that
happen. :eek: I just got done trimming the NL Auto's. I hope I did ok. I'll post picture later the babies are sleeping right now.😊

I am always skeptical of Amazon products that seem too good to be true and have rave reviews from only the last couple of weeks. The good thing about Amazon is you can return it for free. I suspect it will not handle much of a heat load.

Morning WeedHopper

O:K here is a ? . I what to get a small air conditioner for my small bathroom (grow room) and the unit charges up with a USB. What do you think about charging something up with a USB port. Would it be bad for the computer? Thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Conditioners-Evaporative-Rechargeable-Conditioner/dp/B0BLNPHX7Y/ref=sr_1_9?crid=H85DMFRMMMB0&keywords=small+air+conditioners&qid=1671104595&sprefix=small+aircondit,aps,887&sr=8-9
I think you will have humidity problems using that, and the net effect will make your room warmer, not cooler. Evaporative coolers just add water to the air flow, so it sticks to you and picks up the extra heat from your skin. The air then evaporates the moisture on your skin and you feel cooler. That heat ends up in the air, though.

You could us a thermoelectric Peltier cooler using the exhaust fan in the bathroom. Not sure how much cooling you would get from it, though. They work pretty well when the conditions are just right for heat transfer, but other times the hot side and cold side end up the same temperature and it turns into a heater like the evaporative cooler.

Edit: something like this

I think you will have humidity problems using that, and the net effect will make your room warmer, not cooler. Evaporative coolers just add water to the air flow, so it sticks to you and picks up the extra heat from your skin. The air then evaporates the moisture on your skin and you feel cooler. That heat ends up in the air, though.

You could us a thermoelectric Peltier cooler using the exhaust fan in the bathroom. Not sure how much cooling you would get from it, though. They work pretty well when the conditions are just right for heat transfer, but other times the hot side and cold side end up the same temperature and it turns into a heater like the evaporative cooler.

Edit: something like this

:eek: Late summer the Tem high was 80 degrees. I know that's not to bad but I want a 77 degrees grow room. I like it better growing in tje fall and winter. I'll be growing the Auto's outside this spring and a photo inside just one. :)

If it is too good to be true pass it by.
Looks like cheap CHi Junk, that you will have to not only repower via a USB cord but you will need to constantly need to add ice for it to maintain cold air.
I would watch for a real small AC unit out to the side of the road . I have found many perfectly good units people throw out just upsizing to a high BTU model.

Thank you Roster I'll stay away for those smal conditioners. I do have an air conditioner in a windon close to the grow room It kooled the area down some but not enough.

Latest posts

Back