Constant Growing Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chips Deluxe

Cheeba Cheeba
Reaction score
Now that my first grow is over and I feel I pretty much have this thing down-packed, I'm wondering what steps would I take to be able to have a continuous harvest? Maybe every month??

How much lighting.. Could I make this happen under 2 150w hps or would I need like a 1000W?

I have 3 new babies that are 2 weeks... Should I plant new ones every 2 weeks? Every month?

Would a Hydro system make this easier or better yet.. faster?

I could be leaving things out... Basically I wanna hear from somebody who harvests once a month... or less... Let me know your methods to keep em' coming.. Veg length.. Flower length.. etc... It sucks to know i'm gonna run out and have to buy more bags..

Too many variables there.

There's a multitude of options available to maintain a perpetual harvest.

If plant count is not an issue SOG would produce the results you are after.

Ideally you'd want a strain that had a short flowering period.

I'd be inclined to keep a bonsai mum, have an aerocloner, veg the clones in that until they reach the 4th or 5th internode then whack em in the flower room to finish.

Lighting would be determined by plant count and growing area.

as far I have done lot of trail and errors.. maybe you not interest in it...

but I can tell you one thing... take good care of mother plant.. is very important.. and it is costly to have MH on 18/6, why mh light? it does provide too many lumen that nodes will grow faster and have more branches.. but more money to pay for light bill... that sucks.. same thing as paying bags from dealer.. I have 8 moms under 4 sticks of T12.. I has to LST double time.. I mean these main stem I has to make these stems to run vertical yuppie all 8 mom's stems is vertical now.. it looks like waves with new nodes growing... it take time.. so far in 2 month I got 40 clones..include 3 monster clones... again.. I do need HPS for them.. or I can take them outside and pray for the better.. it's harvest season.. which is good for clones and plants that is into flowering.. it will take 2 month more or give or take..

but I think I got it.... If I'm gonna to grow 25 to 60 plants outside.. I might get like 6 to 9 month worth of harvest.. if I do keep up with clones.... and leave these plants outside alone.. just few cutting of few plants.. that way you can have mojos every 6 weeks... myself I made some mistakes.... if you want bubble cloner.. just get 5 gal with lid..or scoreboard with few holes with air bubbles.. to get it start rooting... then you can have like 5 of DWC (deep water culture) along with 5 to 6 netcup/hydroton rocks each DWC..

boom you gonna get some harvest every 2 weeks if you keep the track down every week you start with, then other dwc next week. and go on..
once the first DWC already harvest for 6 to 8 week.. then go on.. that will give most mothers 2 months to grow more nodes... get me? but these DWC does need HPS which infamous $20 hps will do the job...for least like 4 to 5 DWC ;)

oh btw... you even can clones the plants that is in flowering..

so if you cant be patient.. cut some of nice nodes that has calyxes for clones..

in 4 weeks you can have some buds while they are flowering for other 4 weeks..
so if I got 30 plants outside... do the math ;)

In the book I read the dude had 80 plants in a SOG, every week he would harvest ten plants and bring ten into the flower room at the same time this way he harvested 10plants a week.

i harvest once a month i have one unit with a 600 watt mh bulb for my growth stage and two other units both with dual 600 watt hps bulbs for my flower stage if you have an 8 weeker you can easily time it so you can harvest once a month creating a nice turnover and constant supply.i have tried other ways but at the end of the day you want a system that is simple and easy to run

Chips, we need more info from you. Everything is interrelated. First of all, you will need 2 spaces. Generally your veg space can be substantially smaller than your flowering space. Your lighting will depend on the size spaces you have.

So, what size veg and flowering spaces are you looking at and how much would you like to be able to harvest every month?

I do a perpetual harvest. Ideally, I like to harvest one plant every other week or so.

Yea, Basically I just wanted to know you guys' method... Those of you who do harvest once a month or less... What is your set up.. Basically I wanna hear a few and decide which one I want to try out..

I use a whole closet for grow.. 2X3... More than 6 foot in Height but I have a hood over my lights..

Soubds like you are gonna need to find additional space or get really creative. You def. need two different rooms for a continuous grow. I, personally built a flowering box for my closet to keep up a perpetual grow, but your closet sounds kinda small for that, who knows tho...

I can use a closet in my extra bedroom to flower.. Or I can use the bottom 3 feet of the closet for Veg and the top for flowering.. It wont be difficult to seal off two different parts... I have plenty space here... Heck, I have a whole bedroom if it ever got that serious...

Clones will make it easier to keep a continuious harvest plus u dont have to buy seeds. Also you can have your veg in a hidden comparment disguised as pretty much anything

Take clones from a mother. Veg them out, and put them into flower. Once you put those in flower, clone your next "on-deck" plants and let them veg while the current ones flower. When you harvest, move the on-deck ones into 12/12 and make your new set of clones. Repeat as necessary :) The harvest cycle in this process is the length of the flowering period so that would vary by your strain, but for average sake you would harvest every 8 weeks. If you wanted to cut this in half, you could be cloning every 4 weeks, and your 12/12 room would have be shared with plants that are 4 weeks difference in age. This seems to me a lot more work and you have to be conscious of the needs of two different stages of flowering, ie. only half the plants would be water only in the last two weeks to flush nutrients, etc. bit of a hassle IMO.

This is my normal set-up. I have a 4 x 2 x 4' space that I use for cloning and vegging. I run a 4' 4 tube T5 in this space. I have a 3 x 6.5 x 7.5' flowering space with a 1000W air cooled HPS. I start a couple of new plants every 2 weeks or so. They spend 2-3 weeks in a bubble cloner. When they have a decent root system, they are put into net pots to veg. They veg for 4-6 weeks (or until they get too tall) and are then put into flowering. Buckets are set on milk crates or other buckets to raise or lower individual plants so that I have an even canopy. Plants in different stages of growth are really no harder to take care of than having different strains that take differing amounts of nutes IMO.

Latest posts

Back