Cotton mouth???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenHit

Reaction score
Hey there...
Does anyone know why it is that we get cotton mouth after smoking? I've noticed that some strains aren't as bad as others?
I often wonder if there is any additives that i might be able to use during the growing stages to help prevent this??:ignore:

I wonder this also.. It also always seems I have the worst pasties at the worse of times, such as when no source of liquid is near!! just last night I toked a nice doob, first time in a couple weeks and I had the WORST pasties on the bus I couldn't speak!

this is interesting... perhaps its one of the many cannibinoids..
i've learned that even smelling tobassco sauce will cause your mouth to water, so if you carry a little bottle around you'll be ok!

I would say that it has something to do with the fact that cannabis slows the immune system and the central nervous activity

Well i found this on the net and it seems to make sense..

"Marijuana tends to activate the sympathetic nervous system, which tends to block salivary gland output of saliva. The parasympathetic nervous system does the opposite, and when it is activated it makes you salivate. Many antidepressant drugs, especially the older tricyclic antidepressants, had a lot of anti-parasympathetic side effects, such as dry mouth, constipation, urinary retention, etc.
So to sum up, mj activate the sympathetic nervous system preferentially over the parasympathetic, thus making your mouth dry. Same reason why mj also speeds up your heart rate."

hope this helps...

Latest posts

Back