Curling Leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangejuice

Reaction score
Im in the 4 week of flowering under 1/1000 watt HPS and i noticed the new smaller leaves near buds are curling but all the other older fan leaves show no sign of any defects. Any one know why i am having curled leaves.

THanks.

Here are some pictures of the curling leaves I have. I know its not overwatering because my last crop I had an overwater problems and the signs/curling are different. Just the new smaller leaves near bud sites are curling; were as the larger fan leaves are straight, no yellow, no brown, just green and healthy looking.

Got 1 dozen plants under 1/1000 HPS.
4th week in flowering.
Ebb& Flow
Feeding OPEN SESAME dry.

Thanks for any replies.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

From what I can see it looks like the leaves that are curling are kinda in the shadow area of other leaves and not getting direct light. I know this can make leaves droop and curl, but I can't really tell if this is the case for you...

Ph or lack of dissolved oxygen in the water.

Do you have an air stone in your res?

Is the leaf curl up or down? Hood aircooled? Light to close to canopy, ventilation

Lengthwise, like curled? Or twisted?

Sorry, you probably mean along the leaf margin?

Nm, just caught your other post..:D

I'm not sure on the soil pH but can't imagine much different to hydro; shouldn't you pH be high 6's to early 7's at the highest?

andy52 said:
as stated above,ph is a very important factor.i make dang sure my ph is dead on,at all times.

And what is an appropriate pH for Flowering plants, Andy?....

I like to keep my soil ph around 6.5 - 6.8. It varies a little bit but not much. It really does look like a ph issue; 5.5 in soil is too low. If it was over fertilization your leaf tips should be curling like claws as well and I don't see that in your pictures.

i agree that there is a ph problem as was said soil should be over 6 and below 7 as optimum. hydro 5.5. i would not know about clay.

i would like to add that it should not be a problem at this stage.

My leaves are curling a bit too... I thought it could be I haven't fert. in a week or so... With Holidays, I am suprised I got the lights on and off like I was suppossed too... And my big plant is beside the light instead of under it...

As with everything in my life, I have gotten ahead of my facilities... I live in a constant game of catch up!!!

Could these factors cause MY curling????

ie: constant veg since october...waiting for better light set up to bud... workin in soil... PH???

Latest posts

Back