De-chlorination with the stuff for an aquarium?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttybong0

Reaction score
Basically like the title says. I just started feeding my girls Earth juice at the same time I just got an 8*4 tent, so now I have more space for more girls. I now need a bigger reservoir but in the mean time i was wondering if the stuff used to dechlorinate water for fish tanks would be safe to use for my plants.

Yes it is, however if you let your water set out for 24 hours, chlorine will evaporate.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes it is, however if you let your water set out for 24 hours, chlorine will evaporate.
:yeahthat:

However, chloramine won't and that's what my water system uses.

I use the drops and have been for years, for tropical fish at first. Works like a champ since fish are way more sensitive than mj plants and it doesn't hurt them.

I use AZOO, but any of the 1 drop/gallon brands should work just fine.

Wet

Chlorine is a "free radical" ion, and will just jump out of solution. Chloramine however will not. BUT it will come out of solution, just more slowly. A 24 hour bubbling and you should be fine.
Have you called your water company to be sure they really use chloramine?

did some more research and found out if you add molasses and an air stone, that will give the chlorine and chloramine some organic matter to work on and in 3-4 hours, most of it should be gone.

This is awesome, I just did the same thing today. It seems to be working just fine, but be careful you don't put too much.

Latest posts

Back