Dead show in Chi town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blancolighter

Reaction score
I'll be headin over to Chicago for a Dead show in a few hours, wondering if any other fellow MPers are gonna be there. If so, let me know, I'm bringin a few samples, would be a blast to blaze with any of you guys...

Damn, guys, I didn'ty even know the Dead still did a Dead show. Who's left? And the biggy: do the Heads still follow the tour like in the olden days when Uncle Jerry was still walking among us?

Looks like they've got most of the crew 'cept for Jerry of course :( , Lesh and Weir I are kinda alternating lead man from what I hear , but i guess I'll see whats actually happening here in a sec... Yea, they have a summer tour goin, well they're well into it already, mostly just have the west coast and Rothbury festival left to play by now.
As for the Heads gettin down and dirty with the tour like the olden days, sounds like it. I have a buddy that was there yesturday and it sounds like shakedown street is in full swing! I'll give ya guys a full report when I get back, if I get back :D

Man, what a riot, I'm just finally recovering. The Dead played to a sold out, haze filled arena where everyone was dancing and getting down, from the front rows all the way back the highest balcony seats. I thought the arena was gonna collapse for sure. Shakedown street was jammed packed and went on forever, and the cops were pretty cool there, they just constantly looked the other way. The best is when I saw a big group of dancing naked hippies, some cops came up and started putting on gloves to go deal with em, then as a couple more cops showed up to help, I just heard a "F it" come from one of the cops and they all walked away, and that was their general attitude of the night, so cool.

Anyways, Bob did most of the vocals and sounded amazing, and everyone was in the pocket just jammin out epicly.

You hittin the Rothbury festival you mean BuddyLuv? Let me know if ya do, I'll be there for sure.

Wow, naked hippies at a Dead concert. Who'd a thunk it, huh?

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Went to a few Dead shows when Jerry was still with us Gooooood Times for sure, some I barely remember..lol...take care..

Damn... I just dug out the box o'stubs to see when my last concert was... The Great Went.

Damn that was some time ago. and that weren't even Dead. The last Dead concert, RFK stadium. For those of you who remember RFK, you KNOW that was a while ago. ('95) Jerry died what '96? All I know is we were there for his last 6 performances at RFK and many of the other venues of that tour around NOVA and MD.

I think I'm a gonna have to find out when they're heading this way, just for the flashback value.

Deer Creek '95 was my last show. I will be hitting up Rothbury if the Dead confirm they will be there. I will definantly let you know Blanco.

Deer Creek 95? I was their also BuddyLuv, I thought I seen a few characters from Fraggle rock there maybe you were one of them or maybe it was the tab of "A" I took...lol...take care..

On a local Dead radio show last night, the dj said something about the Allman Bros. opening for them somewhere nearby, Portland, I think? I was halfway through a fat J and watering babies in the next room and may have got it wrong, but that sounded pretty good to me.

Yeah they have it on their website. I took a look earlier. Looks like VIP accomodations will run about 1500 bucks for the weekend at Rothbury. Not too bad for camping, food, and tickets for the whole weekend.

...dirty hippies..:rolleyes: :p Were there harry arm-pitted chicks with massive muffs:eek: :eek: Or do the '09 hippies shave?:stoned:

clanchattan said:
turk..............my next death metal garage band is gonna be called "massive muffs" rotFFl

I'll play drums:p..I mean.. "Bongos"

Latest posts

Back