deformed leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemp319

Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen?? I only have three fingers on my fan leaves. These plants are all clones and the mothers didnt have this condition. My only answer is that maybe it it because I cloned them in the beginning of flower. I know that is a no-no. I normally cut while in veg.

IMG00010.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

hemp319 said:
Has anyone had this happen?? I only have three fingers on my fan leaves. These plants are all clones and the mothers didnt have this condition. My only answer is that maybe it it because I cloned them in the beginning of flower. I know that is a no-no. I normally cut while in veg.

I do not know where you got the idea that cloning plants in flowering was a no-no. It is perfectly okay. It just generally takes longer for the clone to root than if it was taken in veg.

How old is your clone? Cloned plants often start out with one finger, and then go to 3 and then go to 5 and so on. I would not stress over the number of fingers on the fan leaves if the plant is otherwise healthy.

Its no whoop to see the 3-leavers... Life will return to normal for them once they settle in.

The clones are one week into flower. I was just a bit concerned cuz every clone has the same three-fingered leaf formation even though they are from different mothers. The only thing they have in common is that they were cut during flower. I thought i read not to do that cuz it causes stress??

How old are the clones? Switching them too soon will cause all kinds of crazy things to happen.

I never switch until the plant is at least 12" from the top of the pot to the top of the plant, but I have over 7' of height available in the flowering room.

ahhh....maybe thats it. maybe i switched them too fast they were only bout 6". will they still be able to flower ok?

Once the plants have rooted and hardened off they are fine to put into flower. Height is irrelevant. The clones are from a sexually mature mother and therefore they are sexually mature also.

They will flower fine.

I got a plant with leaves that are only one bladed and got some buds on it

Thanks everybody...so it is ok to clone at any time during flower?

You can take clones whenever you want, but optimaly you would want to get them while your plant is in the vegative state, once it starts to flower it is harder for it to root, as it has to revert back to the veg. If you have to take clones in flower, I would say the earlier the better, but yeah you "can" do it whenever.

Latest posts

Back