Different rates hmmmm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowberry

Green God
Reaction score
I have two lovely indicas that have been flowering and maturing for a little less than two months. The tops of both indicas have trichomes that say its harvest time, yet about half way down the pistils are not uniformely brownish red. some of them are still white. i dont want to miss my perfect window of opportunity to harvest. is this a common problem? Also what is the best way to cure and dry my harvest. Ive read through the forum and am thinking of either hanging the plants to dry(in my closet) or putting it in a brown bag(for my lunch). I dont have a digital camera so sadly i cant show you pictures please just ask me questions if you need specific details.

Its not so much about the color of them. Its more about the little trich's. Read up on it in these forums. I think there is one in resourses.

You will have to hang them to dry before you put them into brown bags. There are some great stickies you should read before harvesting. When they are hanging and begin to feel crispy, there is a lot more moisture in them than you realize. It's easy to move too fast on the drying and curing process because of this.

If the top of the plant is much more mature than the lower limbs, you could probably harvest it in two stages, but it may not be ready yet. Wait for some more expert advice on that though.

Well it is about the trichs. Get a magnifying glass and see if they are milky and turning amber. If so,time to dry. This you go of percentage wise. When they are around 60%.

i usually leave mine in the dryer i made for 3-4 days.then straight into the jars.i do open the jars twice a day for 30 minutes.i also take them out of the jars and lay them out on a plastic trash bag to air.like the crystal plant i recently harvested,shes real sticky.the buds tend to stick together in the jars,so i re-arrange them often during the open jar period.

Latest posts

Back