Dispensaries take!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone again!

Reaction score
Does any one know what the dispensaries take is in the Sacramento area...? Hypnotically speaking suppose I have 5oz of the best GDP you have ever smoked, and the dispensary is sell it for $300.00 an oz then what are they paying for the GDP? ...Thanks in advance

Site Rules
9. The sale of marijuana or the discussion of sales is not allowed here. The purchase or sale of any items through this site is not allowed. To purchase or sell something, you must first let this total stranger know exactly who you are and where you live. That just isn't smart.

ozzydiodude said:
Site Rules
9. The sale of marijuana or the discussion of sales is not allowed here. The purchase or sale of any items through this site is not allowed. To purchase or sell something, you must first let this total stranger know exactly who you are and where you live. That just isn't smart.
ohhh... Sorry about that...

I have seen a few threads here from people that have co-signed buds to dispensaries. Talking about legally co-signing buds is different from "selling" in my opinion but I'm not a MOD and I don't make the rules, I just want to share advice. That being said, I would not ever do it.
The threads I have seen about co-signing buds involved growers angry because they could not get paid, growers upset because they were paid less than they were owed, and people upset because the dispensaries wanted to give them worse buds than they co-signed in exchange for payment.

Just my opinion, but I would stay away.

-SSF-

Around here, we get paid cash upon delivery at dispensaries....

Roddy said:
Around here, we get paid cash upon delivery at dispensaries....
That sounds like the most logical thing to me, why would anyone " front " a dispensary anyways lol

SensiStarFan said:
I have seen a few threads here from people that have co-signed buds to dispensaries. Talking about legally co-signing buds is different from "selling" in my opinion but I'm not a MOD and I don't make the rules, I just want to share advice. That being said, I would not ever do it.
The threads I have seen about co-signing buds involved growers angry because they could not get paid, growers upset because they were paid less than they were owed, and people upset because the dispensaries wanted to give them worse buds than they co-signed in exchange for payment.

Just my opinion, but I would stay away.

-SSF-

Excellent point. You are correct, and I learned by experience. I did consignment and had mixed results, mostly bad. One club gave me the run-around until I informed them that I would have my attorney contact their legal cousel if they did not either give me the donation they agreed to, or return my medicine. They promptly paid me, and now that place is out of business.

Bottom line: Growers get screwed by collectives, because most collectives are merely profit driven and they have no regard for the growers.

My solution is to share my meds with other patients for whatever they can afford. If someone needs medicine, then I only ask that person for a reasonable exchange of value to reimburse me for my time and effort. This, I believe, is in concert with the true spirit of Prof 215, and more fundamentally, the ethics of cannabis cultivation.

Stone again! said:
Does any one know what the dispensaries take is in the Sacramento area...? Hypnotically speaking suppose I have 5oz of the best GDP you have ever smoked, and the dispensary is sell it for $300.00 an oz then what are they paying for the GDP? ...Thanks in advance

Do the math. Most 1/8ths sell for an average of $50. That's $400 an ounce. At these numbers, they are selling the pound for $6,400. Now, in this market, I guarantee you they are paying about $2,500 maximum for a pound. Indoor growers with the "top shelf" meds are maybe getting $3,000 per pound, but believe me, the dispensaries are raking it in.

You'll never get rich trying to grow and sell to dispenceries.

doncapo said:
Do the math. Most 1/8ths sell for an average of $50. That's $400 an ounce. At these numbers, they are selling the pound for $6,400. Now, in this market, I guarantee you they are paying about $2,500 maximum for a pound. Indoor growers with the "top shelf" meds are maybe getting $3,000 per pound, but believe me, the dispensaries are raking it in.
:rofl: your numbers

most likely they wont sell your 1/8s for top shelf.

most likey they will sell many ounces out of that pound, not eights, ounces at a discounted price to the smart patient looking to save money an a longer supply and not a 2 day allocation. You are still thinking too small. They have costs to cover. They buy lb for 3k$ and make 4k$ off it in a week - maybe. Then they pay employees, electric, giveaways, operating costs, shrinkage, lawyer, rent, jars bags and containers, Food, food for employees (i know a few shops that feed their employees), THEIR HOME RENT, ..etc etc etc all of this must be included and subtracted from "profit".

I think we might have scratched the surface. Look, im no owner but i am in them daily. You must not have much to offer their business be it for profit or not, they have A LOT of costs to cover.

OGKushman said:
:rofl: your numbers

most likely they wont sell your 1/8s for top shelf.

most likey they will sell many ounces out of that pound, not eights, ounces at a discounted price to the smart patient looking to save money an a longer supply and not a 2 day allocation. You are still thinking too small. They have costs to cover. They buy lb for 3k$ and make 4k$ off it in a week - maybe. Then they pay employees, electric, giveaways, operating costs, shrinkage, lawyer, rent, jars bags and containers, Food, food for employees (i know a few shops that feed their employees), THEIR HOME RENT, ..etc etc etc all of this must be included and subtracted from "profit".

I think we might have scratched the surface. Look, im no owner but i am in them daily. You must not have much to offer their business be it for profit or not, they have A LOT of costs to cover.

Laugh if you want, but those are real numbers. We agree on something, though. With time, they have to drop prices on that pound to recover investment and make room for new inventory, so they're probably not making 200% profit. Oh, excuse me, "non-profit".

And just how many smart patients are out there buying by the ounce? Intelligence aside, not many have $200 laying around to buy in bulk, as you suggest.

Your numbers are not realistic the least bit. calculate the value of a pound using 20$ a gram ;)

The patients with medical costs to cover are buying quarter pounds or more. I see it daily. lol. I used to spend ~ 400$ a month on medical costs.

Dont think so? Spend more time in better quality clinics. :) 70 an 1/8 is not possible any more. So either you visit one shiesty clinic. Or you live in BFE and are getting raped. Either way i think the consensus would agree that you need to find a new dispensary to associate with. Let thrm know your intent months in advance.

But im going to say this and get some gripe for it...if your trying to allocate outdoor in an indoor market...your missing the bigger picture.

:peace:

OGKushman said:
Your numbers are not realistic the least bit. calculate the value of a pound using 20$ a gram ;)

The patients with medical costs to cover are buying quarter pounds or more. I see it daily. lol. I used to spend ~ 400$ a month on medical costs.

Dont think so? Spend more time in better quality clinics. :) 70 an 1/8 is not possible any more. So either you visit one shiesty clinic. Or you live in BFE and are getting raped. Either way i think the consensus would agree that you need to find a new dispensary to associate with. Let thrm know your intent months in advance.

But im going to say this and get some gripe for it...if your trying to allocate outdoor in an indoor market...your missing the bigger picture.

:peace:

Well, in my city it's about who greased the city council to get their license. Plain and simple. We disagree on numbers apparently. No use arguing the same point.

And apparently, there are at least 3 dispensaries you haven't been to, because that is what "top shelf" is selling for in this city.

Now i'm not from Cali buttttt.... Why would anyone pay $70 an1/8 from a med shop when they can get it for $60 from a dealer? Thats just crazy talk. Sorry man but i think ogkman is correct, you need to find somewhere else to sell your meds.

doncapo said:

Spoken like a true newbie to the industry.....

NorCalHal said:
Spoken like a true newbie to the industry.....

I think it's best to qualify one's statements about the industry. I'm speaking about how things work around my city. I can't speak to other parts of the state. I notice people on here get a little testy when I start revealing too much information about numbers and such.

Some of you must have interests to protect, which is why I suspect there is so much of a reaction to my posts. Yes, there are clubs getting $70 and 1/8th where I live. That's for the newest, top shelf, as they refer to it. Why is that so hard to believe??

AluminumMonster said:
Now i'm not from Cali buttttt.... Why would anyone pay $70 an1/8 from a med shop when they can get it for $60 from a dealer? Thats just crazy talk. Sorry man but i think ogkman is correct, you need to find somewhere else to sell your meds.

I'm with you. $70 an 1/8th is outrageous, but it's true in the clubs around my area. Now, that is not the average, but usually there are a couple of strains on the board for that donation. I've noticed that they usually price a few for $70, a few more for $60-$65, most in the $50-$55 range, and then some down in the $40-$45 range.

Keep in mind the psychology of sales and it starts to make sense.

wow you guys pay way to much! isnt it suppose to be compasion to help the sick or in need of pain relief??? wow

Ruffy said:
wow you guys pay way to much! isnt it suppose to be compasion to help the sick or in need of pain relief??? wow

:aok:....

$25 a 1/8th, $150 a oz. and thats off the streets/purple kushes, hash plants. i dont know about shops.

Latest posts

Back