dna kandy kush/skunk & sleestack/skunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docfishwrinkle

Reaction score
hey fellow mper's. well 3/3 kandy kush & 2/3 sleestack are standing strong @ 7-10 days now. the 1 sleestack that didnt make it i pulled cause it ceased to grow. it was stuck @ a point where seed had tap @ a 1/2" long & then stopped doing anything. guess she ran outta gas. got a lil problem though, i

got a deal on rapid rooters so thought id try them. usually i germ them the towel & baggie on duct method. but this time i just poped em in the rooters. i soaked & squeezed water through rooters a couple times & run off was @ 6.5 just as it was going in. so here is my problem. in the pics you really cant tell, but they are already yellowing. not too bad yet. wondering why this is. useing ro @ 6.5. stems purple up when watered but goes away so not worried as this happens due to, too much water being held in rooters. growth is going slowly up top but roots are popping everywhere. so im baffled as to why there fading out @ only a week.

DSCN1497.JPG

DSCN1500.JPG

DSCN1506.JPG

DSCN1509.JPG

Hey Doc great grow lined up. I use rapid rooters for germination. I soak mine in tricoderma and mycorrhiaze so they are colonizing by the time the seed pops. Its been working for me.:confused2: Setup a chair, rollin' a fatty, startin' the barbeque for this one:D. Good luck

hey umbra good to see yah. you know im a lil dumb sometimes as i have subs b & m sitting on my shelf! how do you say...ritard. will def throw some in my next pot up.

I am gonna cop a squat over here out of the way...are these the freebies that are crossed with skunk? I am real interested in the sleestack...anyway GREEN MOJO for ya....

whats up bbb & hl? hl yes these are the christmas special crossed w/ skunk. lazy on typing i guess, sorry. should prolly change that so doesnt confuse ppl. yeah sleestack really sparked my interest also thats why i almost cried when i had to cull that one. limits my seed making chances for sure. hopefully 1 fem comes outta the sleestack @ least for a mom.

pulling up achair aswell im doing the same feebies in my round 4 gj

edit im doing the sleestack and kushberry not kandy kush:rofl:

yeah its going to be cool to see all the different styles of growing these out. many will be going @ same time. kinda like a unofficial competion. yah i got doubled up on kandy kush cause they were out of the...i believe hash plant. lets see kandy kush, sleestack, og18, la con, & yup think it was the hashplant. fine by me though, not a real fan of the hash plant. wish i could of got doubled up on sleestack, but the kandy would of been my 2nd pick, so i guess i lucked out.

I actually placed 2 orders so that I cld get 6 of each cross...I put 3 in the total column for the sleestack on my second order hoping they wld send extra but i still only got a second 3 pack not 9 beans of sleestack...
It will be cool for sure to see different people grow these out in different fashions...

well folks my slight yellow problem has been noted by a hand full of other growers @ various sites. seems to be on all of the skunk train lineup. so freebie growers beware. seems to be a problem @ about 1.5 weeks. never thought id be feeding a sprout. thanks to umbra also as he was the first organic guy i thought of. transplant time already!? growing in coco. this is what i have done.

1. flush coco w/ ro @ 6.42 6ppm used all 15g i had on one brick. runoff was close. 6.5 & 13ppm

2. mixed 1/4 strength GO nutes for wk1 veg. ph'd @ 6.2 160ppm

3. squeezed excess ro from coco & soaked in nutes for 1 hr then squeezed h2o out ph 6.16 148ppm

4. mixed in subs m & b & perlite @ 20%. wanted 40% but was last of bag.

5. planted sprouts watered w/ 6.42 ro & runoff was 5.7 & 393ppm!!! WTeff i say to crazy outcome of ph & ppm. im cursed this grow i think.

well im thinking addition of subcultures m & b are highly acidic. umbra asured me they shouldnt be. well i called GH & andy & i hash things out & figured its the dust from the bottom of the perlite bag. reason i didnt mix w/ coco in initial flush is so i didnt pulverize it when wringing out coco. lesson learned is to rinse/flush perlite seperate. never had that problem b4. perlite was made by schultz. steer clear. hope this helps somebody, anybody.

hey trafic thanks for stopping by. yeah unfortunately i started off in a slump, but hopefully they'll pull out of it & start taking off. 2day is 2 wks & they are growing very slow. i dont know what to think of these ganetics as of yet. many ppl elsewhere are runnning into the same probs as i am with them crapping out @ a very young age. already feeding them 1/4 strength nutes! take it easy.

Hey Doc, im new here and also fairly new to growing my own meds. I am lookin to learn so i will just chill out over here and take notes. Hope you get those babies greening up soon, lookin foward to seein some seed production and these strains grown out best of luck. Peace

bummer to hear about the early struggles doc... I'm gonna sit in on this one and watch, haven't sprouted any of my freebies yet so I'm no help there.

I would love to follow along on this one. I planted my kandykush x skunk and sleestack x skunk as well so it will be fun to see the differences. On my grow I had 3 distinctly different Kandy Kush phenos. One light green, one dark green, and one is almost a varigated look to it. On the sleestack I have 2 different phenos in the 3 plants. One looks more sativa strong but is now bushing out and the other 2 look more indica like. Wondering what phenos you will get :)

stand said:
Hey Doc, im new here and also fairly new to growing my own meds. I am lookin to learn so i will just chill out over here and take notes. Hope you get those babies greening up soon, lookin foward to seein some seed production and these strains grown out best of luck. Peace

hey stand & welcome to mp. yeah im still real leary on these beans. thinking about yanking em. reason being is i cant put my thumb on it. watered today & runoff was 6.2 & 193ppm. theyre turning south & its soooooo irritating. had a leave of absence & this is my come back? weak. ill need that luck in which you speak of.

Latest posts

Back