DO i need light to germinate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tito13

Reaction score
Can i germinate in the dark? or do i need light over the soil? 2) I had seeds for 2 years, would they still be good?

I have been useing my seeds that are 5 years old now, most of them have been female for me. As for germination I use wet paper towel moist with water put into a margerine container and placed in a dark place, wait a few days and they should start to crack.

Good Luck and happy groing friend!

Cheers!!!

I also germinate mine in a wet paper towel in a dark area...directly into the soil tho? you would want them in light just like any other plant. The root you dont want exposed to light but if it is planted that wont matter...But I never plant mine before germination. Some people do.

i use the wet paper towel method in a ziplock bag closed pop in 1 to 2 days there is no wrong way as long as it works peace everyone

I keep mine in the dark until I see the plant break through the top of the soil. Theres no need for light while germing.

I germ in rockwool. ~22/25 success rate for me over 5 years

so an 88% succession rate. :)

I never really could get a seed to survive after it sprouted in the towel...? I guess I shocked em too much during the transplant.

MY RESERVA PRIVADA JUST SPROUTED TODAY! 40 hrs in PH'd rockwool.

Edit: kinda off topic lol

NO. I do not use any light until the seed casing has fallen off and the "little green water leaves" are showing.

Latest posts

Back