Do LED UFO & Other Work (you look here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks man, looks like it'll be about 3 months before I can get one of those bad-boys, without eating pbj's for dinner for a month-lol. Thanks again man, you'll be the first to know.peace

Wow good thread sorry I gotta but in and say this. In 5 to 10 years LEDs will be good give them some time but hey we went from magnetic ballast to digital and now the digital has special bulbs.It's all going to get better and we all have a right to choose what will work best for you. I myself will stick to the digital hps my $2000.00 dollar pg&e bill dont bug me LOL .I cant wait for the nuclear powered ballast LOL

I love my Lumatek- what advancements in hid will occur in the next few years? Exciting times we live in.

HOWEVER--LEDs do still have a place in the grow room now-- green LEDs put out light that doesn't disrupt the light cycle. So that can be helpful. and If i had some LEDs i'd use em along side of the HID for sure!!

lol, yesterday I saw a green led head-band- like a miners helmet light-are we high tek heads now or what.

hXXp://www.ledgrowlights.com/university%20of%20minn%20study.PDF[/URL]
CallMeAFool2 said:
There is allot of skepticism about if LED Grow Lights Work or not. There is allot of Junk out there. If you are considering purchasing a UFO or Other high power grow lights, as the seller this:

1. Do your Light have the Latest 2d Generation Chipset by BridgeLux/Cree (fourth qtr 2008)

2. Do you use the Hi Intensity LEDs Manufactured by BridgeLux or Licensee's of their technology.

The Plants you see here are now 7 Weeks Old, just barely one week into Flowering. They were Started Hydroponically, germination done in the drip system, no nut's, just pH'd balanced water, R/O. At 7 Days after Plants were showing through the grow media. General Hydroponics Mixture was done at about 300-350 ppm. At week two after seeds hatched (meaning 13-14 days from plant growth), General hydroponics Grow at 500ppm and Floralicious, way less than recommend was added. They were vegged for just 5 weeks from Growth, add 4-7 days for that for them to germ under the drips system with TWO (cause I can, one would do) UFO 90 ALL BLUE Grow Lights. Just about a week ago, I had them out with two UFO Red/Blue 80 red 10 blue, but 3 days ago got in our FINALLY met our specs, 300W lights and I want to finish these with this light. It is overkill, but I wanted to test this light real world and they arrived after 60 days of chaning the fan system we were not happy with off the shelf.

I put it back in my smaller container, have to add water every other day, only about 5 gallons to fit in my small grow chamber. the Light you see is OUTSIDE, not even looking down on the tops. This is our new 300W unit. This will cover a 6x8 area easily, one light, so this 4x3 is way overkill, easily could be done with one properly mounted UFO 90.

Latest posts

Back