Does donating to a club = Dealing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Dog

femme fatale proud grower
Reaction score
I have made donations to a local medical marijuana club. In return they have given me funds to cover my growing costs..I am not getting street prices. Do you consider that to be drug dealing? Does the fact that people have a prescription for it make it different in your eyes or pretty much the same? It is legal in my state. I consider myself almost like a mini pharmacutical company providing medicine.. I dont consider my self to be a dealer at all but I am sure many others would disagree. To other growers who make club donations how do you see yourself? To people who dont live in mm states what do you think of this?

2Dog said:
I have made donations to a local medical marijuana club. In return they have given me funds to cover my growing costs..I am not getting street prices. Do you consider that to be drug dealing? Does the fact that people have a prescription for it make it different in your eyes or pretty much the same? It is legal in my state. I consider myself almost like a mini pharmacutical company providing medicine.. I dont consider my self to be a dealer at all but I am sure many others would disagree. To other growers who make club donations how do you see yourself? To people who dont live in mm states what do you think of this?

i would like to start by sayin congrats.. u are helping ppl who need it.. i think its completly diff if u ask me.. u are not only helping ppl who need it but from the sounds of it they are basically payin for wut would come out your pocket in the situation.. why not help ppl? esp,who are gonna help u in takin a lift off u financially.. if it was more so for a personal profit nd not benefiting these ppl then mayb. but dont worry.. u are cool in my book 2dog.. happy growin

2Dog...I wouldn't consider you a dealer in anyway. I have one further for you. I grow illegally and my brother lives in a state with no MMj laws, he ends up with over 1/2 of what i harvest, and I don't charge him a dime, although he does always give me a couple hundred bucks to help cover costs. So am I a dealer? If I am ...I don't care, I don't want my bro smoking swagg from the street paying insane prices...call me whatever you want, I call it takeing care of those I love.

I donate meds also 2dog. Theres something beyond rewarding knowing people who really need the Medicine have access thanks to the many vendors providing for clubs - including us!

I feel it's a different level of responsibility than your regular dealer. Growing quality, organic herb is of the up most priority and knowing these strains well is imperative.

I have always scrutinized my grows and the final product, but dealing w/ clubs gives me feedback I'd never normally have. It puts many growers in they're place. We're far from drug dealers. We are responsible, skilled professionals providing needed medicine. Thanks for your contributions the whole way around 2dog.

I always thought a dealer was just a middle man for an illegal grower. Since you are legal and selling to a legal dispensary, I don't see an issue.
However, I would have a dilemma over the dispensary selling my "donated" product at full markup pricees unless your compensation is on scale with what they "pay" other growers. But then it's no longer a "donation", just an everyday business transaction ....

Donating a few buds to med MJ patients is a far cry from dragging in a ton and a half in a pick-up camper from Nuevo Laredo.

Don't feel bad--right now even the Feds don't know what's dealing and what's philanthropy.

pcduck said:
Is it really donating if they pay you?

I thought donating was giving something away to somebody for free.:confused2:

I have donated some seeds and bud to people with cancer.. we have to call it a donation ...thats the way it is termed. legality I think? IDK..some of the patient get free/cheaper meds depending on insurance and income plus what ailment they have.

In a legal state I would say you did a business transaction and not a donation, in an illegal state they would classify you as a dealer. Even if given away free it is still considered dealing. IDK if this is true every where but is it where I live.:(

2dog i have tons of respect for what you are doing... where i live mj is illegal still even though almost half of the country has approved it. maybe in the eyes of leo you are dealing but im not leo and therfore do not consider you a dealer. i dont see anything wrong with being compensated for electricity, nutes, medium etc, you are not out there selling a finished product to anybody who has the money for it, you are giving to sick ppl who actually need their meds. anyone who considers you a dealer can stick it where the sun dont shine, and should maybe take a better look at the life they are living. i want to say thank you for being a good person and helping others.
Keep doing what you doing and dont let anybody tell you that its wrong.
Stay safe and smoke in peace, 4EVR420

i was looking for the "my hats off to you" emoticon but i couldnt find it so i say, my hat is off to you and to all who donate towards the sick and needy instead of feeding off them :). i have no idea what the law states towards this 2dog but it is nuthin short of a blessing in my(non-leo) eyes. thanks and congrats to all that selflessly help others.... $#@*& the rest :).

Donating a few buds to med MJ patients is a far cry from dragging in a ton and a half in a pick-up camper from Nuevo Laredo.
...pencilhead, i didnt think anyone was lookin:p lmao.

Don't let your conscience get the best of you, you did all right.

If you really want to do your soul some good, donate a little of the money

you got. There are a lot of charities to choose from.

They're probably gonna take what you gave them and turn it into high dollar

joints or marinol anyways so they should feel guilty

2 dog, I think it's great to donate. To all who have a problem with you taking money, I'd like to point out that you said it was LESS than street value. That is a donation too. In hotels, restaraunts, etc. Often a lower price is accepted for charitable groups. It doesn't have to be free. Just my opinion.

Gone2pot! said:
2 dog, I think it's great to donate. To all who have a problem with you taking money, I'd like to point out that you said it was LESS than street value. That is a donation too. In hotels, restaraunts, etc. Often a lower price is accepted for charitable groups. It doesn't have to be free. Just my opinion.

Think they care if you get popped? Its less than street value officer, oh, well if thats the case, have a good day....

Welcome to the Industry 2Dog.

I have been "donating" extra "meds" to dispensaries since 1998.

Wording...Under Cali State Law a Grower can be compensated for his/her time, Here is the exact excerpt from the Cali State Attorney General in regards to the "distribution" of MMJ.

Permissible Reimbursements and Allocations: Marijuana grown at a
collective or cooperative for medical purposes may be:
a) Provided free to qualified patients and primary caregivers who are
members of the collective or cooperative;
b) Provided in exchange for services rendered to the entity;
c) Allocated based on fees that are reasonably calculated to cover
overhead costs and operating expenses; or

d) Any combination of the above.

Item C is the ticket. This is what allows the Monetary gains from growers you supply clubs.

This is 100% legal in the State of California if you are a MMJ patient selling your wares to a Legal MMJ Dispensary.

Personally, I think it is great to allow folks a legal means to make Money.
If it is not for folks like 2dog, there would be no herb in any of the dispensaries and hundreds of thousands of folks would simply go without.

Dispensaries DEPEND on it's members to supply herb to be redistributed to other non growing members. It is as simple as that.

Again, the Majority of folks do NOT want to grow for themselves...period. They would rather find a dispensary where they feel comfortable and safe.
It is a win-win for both patients and growers who supply dispensaries.

Noone is making anyone buy anything from any dispensary folks...people go because THEY WANT TO.

So, don't trip 2Dog. If selling off your extra meds made you a little (or alot) of coin...more power to you. Obviously, if the Dispensary took your herb, you did a great job growing it. The only folks who are going to call u a drug dealer are folks not understanding Cali State law and just plain haters. Pay them no mind.

2Dog said:
To other growers who make club donations how do you see yourself?

I had to come back and answer this.

I see myself as an entrepreneur,activist and all around cool cat. lol.

Seriously, I sleep like a baby at night. I have been providing for me and mine thru a poor economy by supplying meds thru legal means.

I see myself as a farmer actually. You get some good crops...some not so good. I get the best of the best for my "dinner table" and get to sell of my extra to folks who do not live on a farm or have no idea how to grow.
Without me, people would starve.

Latest posts

Back