Does growing in woods work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lottery

Reaction score
i live in michigan, and there are alot of woods around where i live i could eaisly plant in them but im not sure the plant would get enough light with all the taller trees i was wondering if this would work

thanks for your info

No they want get any size if planted in the canopy of the trees. If you can find some clearings or where it has been loged even if its replanted as long as its open enough to get around 8 hours of direct sunlight then you are ok to grow there. Another thing with growing under or too close to trees ifit gets dry the trees will soak up all the water even if you try to water them. Look for clearings and openings like over grown fields that have been left for a few years but not thick woods. A good rule is to look for a place where the large annual weeds grow in your area. If they are growing over head tall then there is enough sun to grow mj there. That doesnt mean that the ground is good enough for mj to grow that big. Local plants have grown acostum to that soil and grow well there but you may have to ad good soil to your holes to grow in the same place. Hope that helped. Slim

hey lottery .. I life in the Northeast and i had my girls in the woods for a while over the summer and it all depends on how much sun light is getting through the canopy of the trees up top. the big problem i was having was with the bugs . they were eating the leaves . But anways they will grow they will just be stretching and fighting for light with the other vegetation around them. But they will grow.

IMO yes you can grow in the woods. All ya have to do is find the right spot with some light and BAM. ;) Crap man they do it in Califonia all the time.

hey find a place next to a creek or river or a place wear their are little trees in stead of big trees if you must grow by big trees rind a spot that gets the most light and youll be fine

We have lots of clearcuts available here in Mi brother. They are a good place to look. Low canopy,and low traffic. Spread them out though. Leo also liek to look there. Here's another tip. Take some Fireline,or heavy monofilimant fishing line,and circle it around your plant at deer chest height. It freaks them out lol. Also I mox habanero pepper spray,and spray the plant with it,and even leave ground up ones on the ground around them. Nothing likes Habanero's. Also cover your soil with native topsoil. The smells emitted by the good pottong soil attract all kinds of animals. Do not use bloodmeal. Good luck in the Great Lakes State....:D

make sure you have heaps of sun . i put blood and bone and pot ash i mth before i plant the young girls so thay dont burn and as an out door grower thats all you need . from that if you want start little bit early
you can get 10 or more foot plants . me this year i started them late i only want them to grow one big bud per plant. happy growing;)

Grow all the time in the woods....;)
Your weather is similar to mine...lots of good info given to ya from other member's as well. As stated>>>just need to find the right spot with an area that is cleared with lots of sun. We mostly have all pine trees in our wooded area so not like it is all that shady...hahha One thing you need to do is make sure you are SAFE....take the path less traveled and you should be fine as far as LEO or ripper's ;)

Happy growing to ya!!

peace~squirt

i have heard that greenhouses are a great way to go. the only probem with that is...... well.. the same problems you have growing anywhere else.

if its out in the wild doesnt the smell attract animals and stuff?

i know if i smelled that in the wild i would be runin lighting speed

bmxboi123 said:
i have heard that greenhouses are a great way to go. the only probem with that is...... well.. the same problems you have growing anywhere else.

if its out in the wild doesnt the smell attract animals and stuff?

i know if i smelled that in the wild i would be runin lighting speed
I would never grow in a green house id rather just grow next to my creek in my woods and no not alot of animals will eat them deer dont eat mine much nether rabbits etc but i think its cuz of my food plot that i plant for the deer and others so they leave my plants alone

Latest posts

Back