Doin' Alright?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBong

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a noob. I have my first plant going, an LSD strain. She is 2 weeks into flowering and SEEMS to be going stong. no discolered leaves, no mold or mildew. I had a slight gnat infection which seems to have cleared up using a hydrogen peroxide method I read about. I used no nutes for veg, and have used 15-30-15 once and molasses every other watering (2days). I have 250 watts of standard CFL's shining currently, and a fan blowing around her night and day. I trimmed her moderatly after week one of flowering.
It is a thrown together set up currently and will be looking to improve for my next go. I have an outdoor Mother of Berries that will move inside in about 6 weeks right around the time I harvest my LSD.
Soooo...How does she look? Am I doing ok? I would love any insight, tips, critisism etc.

Some new pics here:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65391

Some old pics here:

WP_20130613_002.jpg

WP_20130627_001.jpg

are you flowering with those cfl?...whats the size the room they?...they look okay to me ..

:48:

It is looking fine--it appears to be a clone. If you are growing LSD, it is going to take longer than 8 weeks of flowering. Using a CFL may make it longer yet. You should get a dedicated space set up that you can get some proper ventilation set up in. When finances permit, I would encourage you to get a HPS. The CFLs are the most expensive to operate of all the lights we use for cannabis and they produce the least.

It is a clone. How can you tell? I am flowering with the CFL's this go around, but I will be upgrading as I go. Goddess- How long are you thinking until harvest? My MOB plant needs to take the space that this plant is in as I am unable to flower her outdoors ( Not a great spot in the fall, there will be alot of brown...) I have until what...mid September or so I guess then I'll have a problem...

Also, can I use my current light fixtures using CFL's to upgrade lighting? LED's or anything?

i'd make a cool tube in THG's sig or buy a hps and ballast/hood for lil over a 100$ just a 250 to start will work veg-flower way better tehn them cfl see my sig for extensive reason of why not to use cfl :p

BeerBong said:
It is a clone. How can you tell? I am flowering with the CFL's this go around, but I will be upgrading as I go. Goddess- How long are you thinking until harvest? My MOB plant needs to take the space that this plant is in as I am unable to flower her outdoors ( Not a great spot in the fall, there will be alot of brown...) I have until what...mid September or so I guess then I'll have a problem...

Also, can I use my current light fixtures using CFL's to upgrade lighting? LED's or anything?

How can I tell? 30+ years of growing. Clones have a different structure than seedlings. I can see single blade leaves that indicate that the plant revegged. There also appear to be small pistils on the plant.

Info I found indicated that LSD was a 60-65 day plant. And it is not uncommon for plants to take longer than breeders estimates. Those estimates generally apply only to a room with optimum conditions. And even then they can be optimistic. In addition, the leaves are awfully skinny, leading me to believe that you have a sativa leaning pheno that will take more time. So I would think that you are looking at 9-10 weeks of 12/12...maybe more.

Yes you can use your current light. Can you find on the packaging anywhere the amount of lumens and the spectrum of the bulb? If not, can you call the shop you got it from. I would buy an LED for supplemental lighting. The better ones can be quite expensive aznd a lot of the inexpensive ones are junk. Find out how many lumens your light puts out and we will figure where to go from there.

On to nutrients. A fertilizer that is 15-30-15 is not a good nute for flowering. Can you get something formulated for mj for flowering, like General Hydroponics, Fox Farm, Advanced Nutrients, etc?

Do you have a dedicated space set up for her? If not you need to do that. If so, how large is it? That tells us how much light you need.

I have roughly 13800 lumens on her. I do have a dedicated space with a fan, 39x21x39. She stands 20 inches at her tallest spot. Fox Farms products are available near me, I'll look into it.

Hey there BeerBong,

I missed at saying welcome to the site, but looks to me like your finding your way around pretty quick.
Yeppers that THG is some smart gal. Your gonna have to work at pullin the ol wool on that gals eyes...LOL
She is right of coarse, and I too encourage you to study up a touch, and I dare say that you will be pleased with what your going to find here.

Here's some of that Green Mojo for your lady;

Green MoJo For You.jpg

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:icon_smile:

Green MoJo For You.jpg

Okay, so you have 5.7 sq ft. Your light will do approx 4.6 sq ft at 3000 lumens per sq ft. So, a little underlit, but not horrible. I will interject a bit about HPS lighting here. A 150W HPS will give you 15,000 lumens, a 250W HPS 25,000-28,000 lumens. So you can see how much more efficient HPS lighting is than CFLs. You could supplement with smaller CFLs that you could also use as household lighting--maybe 23W-42W. These are quite a bit less expensive and often available in multi-packs. Check out 250 or 400W HPS and make that your goal.

You need 2 different types fans--an oscillating fan to move the air around and an exhaust fan to exchange the air so your plants have a continual supply of fresh air.

Well first grow ever is done. I used zero nutes and 10 CFL's, watered from the tap. I wanted to see what doing nothing besides daily care would produce. (Don't worry, I have some outdoor to harvest soon :)) She yielded only 3/4 of an ounce, but it's still free smoke and quite nice.

WP_20130814_001.jpg

She's looking good. . I remember my first grow using cfl's.. I thought I was the man lol. . But yea like the goddess said work towards an hps light. . I found a decent one for my dad jus like mine for 89$ on ebay. And that'll really have you on the road. . And don't forget the fan for your exhaust. ..

Latest posts

Back