Doing it ALL wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litteringand

Reaction score
Hi all, glad to be here, these forums are great! I am a rookie with little to no knowledge about growing except the bit I've read here.

Amateur that I am, I took the seeds from a recent bag and dropped them in a pot that formerly held a pansy plant purchased at Lowe's.

Thought there was a slim chance that those dry seeds would germinate, but lo and behold two weeks later I have six sprouts in a 6 inch across pot and my interest in growing is piqued!

I have a small pot with whatever soil came in it sitting under a 60 watt incandescent in my closet lit about 16 hours a day. I know from reading here that this is about the worst setup one can have...

They are literally growing on top of each other and I'd love to get a couple decent plants out of it, but they are only about three inches high and I'm afraid a transplant will kill them.

Any suggestions for my bootleg startup or am I out of luck?

(If anyone is interested I can post a picture.)

Acctully You've caught my interest. I'd like to hear more about it. This forum is all about growing experiances, and we share them here the section grow journals. So yeahYou should start one and let everyone know , Also.. Welcome to the Forum

Hello and welcome :) I found that most of the answers i was looking for when i was getting started were in the "general indoor growing" section. You can find what you're looking for most of the time. Hell! Theres even answers to questions I hadn't even thought to ask. So welcome to MP...enjoy :D

PS: Hey Pranic baby, sorry about the "losing touch with reality" thing this summer. So far I seem to be back.

litteringand said:
Hi all, glad to be here, these forums are great! I am a rookie with little to no knowledge about growing except the bit I've read here.

Welcome to our family litteringand. I moved your questions over to the "General Indoor Growing" area of the forums with some advice for you on your current grow.

Good luck to you man, and I hope you enjoy our group!

pranicfever said:
Acctully You've caught my interest. I'd like to hear more about it. This forum is all about growing experiances, and we share them here the section grow journals. So yeahYou should start one and let everyone know , Also.. Welcome to the Forum

That's awesomely good advice pranic! It prompted me to grab his post and move it to the "General Indoor Growing" area. I've done so now.

I left this intro copy of his post here because of all the nice people who have already said hi to him.

Thanks for the friendly welcome/advice everyone.

I've made a few changes and posted a pic over in Indoor Growing.

Latest posts

Back