Drying questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbloom08

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have questions about drying... What's the best temperature and humid should be at when i'm drying my bud. Should I turn off all my venting too? I also heard too much humid will make mold. How do I keep humid low? Any suggestion would be very helpful. Thank you in advance =)

i just hang them in a dark cool spot basement works for me. after a week of hanging they will feel crisp but once you jar it the moisture will re-distribute threw the buds then when you open the jar the buds will feel wet again. then open the jar an hour or two a day until its at the moisture level you prefer. once its dried to the moisture level were it wont mold you can store it in the jars to keep it fresh most bud will get better the longer it stays in the jars.

i hung mine in a dark place with a fan blowing on them till they were crisp ,,them into brown bags then finally jars ,,which i burped 2wice a day

UKgirl420 said:
i hung mine in a dark place with a fan blowing on them till they were crisp ,,them into brown bags then finally jars ,,which i burped 2wice a day

I agree, brown bagging them until they are dry gives you a much better cure than going straight to jars. Besides it's a pain to have to open them up every day to keep them drying. Pull off the leaves before you bag them because you will cause more damage manicuring dry buds.

They should be dry before they go into the jars. You should still open them to check a couple of times, just to be safe; sniff for mold and make sure they are still dry. I had to take mine back out of the jars and bag them again my first time. You need some air flow in your drying area, even while they are in the bags.

if you have enough air circulation going on,you will not have to worry about mold.i use the dryer in the diy section.i usually dry for 3-4 days in it,then i go straight to jars.i do burp them a couple times a day for the 1st 2 weeks.i take them out and lay them out for a few minutes.then i put them back in the jars and keep in a dark place.i love the dryer,it really works well.jmo

Drying?!?

pfffffttt..... I don't dry... I take my chopped plant, manicure it, remove the stalks... then throw it all in the blender and puree it till it's thin enough where I can inject it with a hypodermic needle... I'm devising an IV system so I don't have to keep poking myself... :p

:rolleyes: ... seriously... what everyone above me said... :aok:

Hey Andy, what is the dryer? lol sorry I'm a newbie. What do you use to dry it? and about burping means I open the jars once in awhile and then close it again?

look in the diy section.i made one using a large rubbermaid container with 3 racks made with fiberglass screen cloth.i have a bathroom air vent on top.when i get my bud loaded in it,i rotate the buds twice a day for the 1st day or so.then i check for outer dryness.then it goes straight into the jars.yes i open the jars and gaze at the buds for a few minutes,then back in the jars.after about 2 weeks they are left in toatal darkness.

Latest posts

Back