Dumb question about GH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beege

Reaction score
If I were going to set up a top water recirculating system,with 10% run off. Would I follow the drain to waste schedule or the recirculating one? I dont understand why such drastic changes in numbers between the two? Surely one of you can make sense of this for me:confused:

beege said:
If I were going to set up a top water recirculating system,with 10% run off. Would I follow the drain to waste schedule or the recirculating one? I dont understand why such drastic changes in numbers between the two? Surely one of you can make sense of this for me:confused:

General Hydroponics, City.

I wouldn't go by either. You should start out at 1/2 of what the Recirc measurements are and go from there. The GH Schedule runs a little too hot imho. By going half, it gives you room to "bump" up the nuits and not overfeed right out the gate.

Thanks Norcal, I read in one of your logs that you drip twice a day for 20 min, any idea what volume you are using in that time?

Try the calculator on the GH website. it starts out extremely mold and builds the plants tolerance over time. To cool things down, i found that just the 3 part with the Diamond nectar did the trick for my WW. The additives were too much for my ladies to take, so I flushed and resumed the simple program and everything was fine. You definitely want the recirculating program.
hXXp://www.generalhydroponics.com/calculator/index.html

Latest posts

Back