DWC Nutrients Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DimeDubEighth

Reaction score
I am planning to grow using a SOG DWC reservoir that holds 10 plants (4 per square foot) had half a square foot remaining so I decided to add 2 more plants making it a total of 10. I am planning to flower clones at about 6" after root.

Can someone please give me a list of nutrients I'll need for this feat? I'm planning to use RO water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

4 plants per square foot is insanely dense in my opinion, but that is beside the point.

I have grown DWC but now grow soil. I still use the same nutrients that I used when I grew DWC though. I use GH-3 part. Everything I would buy if I had to replace everything I use would be:

-GH grow
-GH micro
-GH bloom
-floralicious plus
-liquid koolbloom
-food grade 35% hydrogen peroxide
-ph up
-ph down

(EDIT: If you click on the link in the signature of my post it will bring up my journal. The first post in my journal is a picture of everything I use in my grow room with a description of the item.)

There are dozens of different nutrient lines you could go with. People have the ones they like, this is just what I use and like.

-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
4 plants per square foot is insanely dense in my opinion, but that is beside the point.

I have grown DWC but now grow soil. I still use the same nutrients that I used when I grew DWC though. I use GH-3 part. Everything I would buy if I had to replace everything I use would be:

-GH grow
-GH micro
-GH bloom
-floralicious plus
-liquid koolbloom
-food grade 35% hydrogen peroxide
-ph up
-ph down

(EDIT: If you click on the link in the signature of my post it will bring up my journal. The first post in my juornal is a picture of everything I use in my grow room with a description of the item.)

There are dozens of different nutrient lines you could go with. People have the ones they like, this is just what I use and like.

-SSF-

I was told 4 plants per square foot for SOG set up, I won't be growing full sized plants, as soon as my clones root and reach at least 6" they will be flowered. The plants are kept short for better light efficiency.

DimeDubEighth said:
I was told 4 plants per square foot for SOG set up, I won't be growing full sized plants, as soon as my clones root and reach at least 6" they will be flowered. The plants are kept short for better light efficiency.

I understand, I was just saying that in my opinion it is very dense, not impossible or wrong or anything like that. No worries mate!

-SSF-

If I was going to attempt 4 plants per sq ft (I too think this is far too many), I would be taking them to flower immediately upon rooting. Depending on strain, they can triple in size. I see real problems with 10 plants that are 18" tall in 2-1/2 sq ft.

I use GH Flora Grow, Micro, and Bloom (do you have a ppm meter?)
You might need some Cal-Mag.
PH up and or down (do you have a pH meter?)
I use Carbo-Load to finish off sometimes

THG what do you think of carboload in hydro ? ive used it in soil but not hydro do you use it with your normal nute's or on it's own the last week or so ?

I agree with Sensi, the GH line is great for DWC. I've used it with and without the floralicious and koolbloom and it's definitely worth spending the $ on the additives. You'll get a better yield with better flavor. I personally also like to run Hydrozyme in DWC.

As for the 4 plants per sq ft. I think that's pretty unrealistic. Keep in mind, increased yield doesn't come from more plants it comes from more lumens. You'll get the same yield from 1 plant in your 3 sq ft as you would from 10 under the same light. Probably even more since you won't have plants competing with each other for light and nutrients. In my opinion, the only reason to grow more plants is if you want several strains and even that doesn't really make sense since the different strains have different nutrient needs and you're talking about having them share a reservoir.

Back in the old days I used to run SOG with about 25 plants per 4x4 flood tray. The main advantage of that method is you reduce your veg time and it's much easier to trim 25 1/2 ounce colas. I sometimes wish I could go back to it but I'm in a medical state and have a limit on number of plants.

If you end up using GH flora 3-part with RO water, you will need a Cal/Mag additive also IMO.

My tap water is about 50ppm. I generally have to add Cal-Mag during flowering.

I have really just started using the Carbo Load, but it seems to do fine in hydro--no gummied up air stones or anything like that. I added it to my regular nutes about 3 weeks before anticipated harvest. I usually feed my plants right up until harvest. I have some rock hard buds on the plants coming up. This could also be strain related. This is my first run of this strain (8 Miles High), so I do not know they normally are. Also, I am pushing some serious lumens now.

i run great white in my mamas hempy buckets

gh3 is my base also, been using carbo load for a year. ill never go back to molasses. fukkd up my pumps air stones and res's

rock hard buds are high in PK. try no PK boosters and see how fluffy the same strains get!

on a side note- fluffy buds test higher in THC. less grain:THC

other research project we are doing right now...lots of PK drops THC levels but makes for a larger harvest....

OG do you still have the pic's on you stem bubbleing with carbo load, i was tellin woody dude about it you hit the 1gpw

i dont know :( i uploaded about 1/2 of my pics back in those days in completly random order; either dragging to desktop and uploading from computer (in which they were partially recovered on MY machine after MY machine crashed)...or uploading directly to website (in which case they are lost for good).

i hate trusting technology with sentimental things...i now own 5 terabytes and 2 of which are copies of other 2 and 1 is my new write to....lol

i need to get high im rambling

:48:

Latest posts

Back