DWC v RDWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDISGUD

yes it is
Reaction score
i have already got a drip system what i purchased this week,im also going too try the DWC or RDWC ,wich do you guys prefer...i would presume the RDWC is quiter as the pump is in the water ,let me have your thoughts before i go ahead and buy the buckets,im thinking of getting 21.3 litre buckets wich are around 5 gallon i presume,how many plants do you guys put in a pot this size ?;)

BUDISGUD said:
i have already got a drip system what i purchased this week,im also going too try the DWC or RDWC ,wich do you guys prefer...i would presume the RDWC is quiter as the pump is in the water ,let me have your thoughts before i go ahead and buy the buckets,im thinking of getting 21.3 litre buckets wich are around 5 gallon i presume,how many plants do you guys put in a pot this size ?;)

What is RDWC?

I only put 1 plant per bucket.

Personally I think it is a sales gimmic. Does the same thing as dwc but with a pump. I think the pump ans spray nozzle would add up in the future.
I have a quarter and you have a quarter. Bu you quarter sucks cause its from the 80's mine is a new mint 2008. But they still buy the same ammount.

their are more disadvantages with the DWC than RDWC as it states,such as more airpumps,noise etc...so not exactly a gimmick, RDWC does have a little bit more going for it.

andy52 said:
thats what dwc is bro.the roots are in the solution and i've never had any problems.not sure about the rdwc,never heard of it myself.DWC is the best thing i ever did.beats the hell out of soil growing,jmo

Yeah, but with dwc, there is a torrent of air surging upwards from underneath, providing roots with plenty of air, not sure about rdwc, im sure it works, i would just be a little skeptical, i mean, if the roots swallow an airstone, what would happen to a water pump, just seems like trouble waiting to happen.

i can see one maybe advantage of the DWC ...it probably keeps the solution cooler as its always pushing cool air through the solution :)
i believe 21 is the ideal nutrient temp in the bucket ?
also how noisy are the buckets,if i were too have them in a closet would i be able too hear them if i was on the otherside of the door ?

BUDISGUD said:
here is a link wich will explain it better,RDWC is re-circulating deep water culture wich uses a pump and not an air pump,supposodly it is better than DWC,take a look :) http://www.abergreen.co.uk/page.html?id=19&chapter=1

you can have a lid with 3 80mm holes for the net pots or a singular 140mm hole,although i am going too do mine in the single :)

I dont get it. A dwc puts oxygen in the water that the roots are setting in,,getting lots of oxygen and food to the plants. This RDWC is doing no more then a drip system except at least the drip system has an airstone pumping oxygen into the water that it is dripping onto the plant. If your going to do that,,go to Airaponics,,at least your putting the sprayed solution DIRECTLY onto the roots. Im not saying it doesnt work,,I just dont see the point,,robbing Peter to pay Paul.:rolleyes:

Now,,I know a guy that has a setup simular to that. His is like a DWC,,but he added a water pump with a nosel that sprays the water straight up onto the roots,and he also uses an airstone to oxygenate the solution. It's kinda like one of those deals people have in there swimming pools that shoots water up in the air. Anyway,,his plants are very very healthy. Course he owns a Hydro Store.:eek:

DWC is by far the easiest type of hydro I have done. No clogged drippers, no timers, no nothing but watch them grow. I would think that the water pump would have to be huge in order to circulate the water enough to get the oxygen into the water with just water movement unless you add a waterfall or something.

pcduck said:
DWC is by far the easiest type of hydro I have done. No clogged drippers, no timers, no nothing but watch them grow. I would think that the water pump would have to be huge in order to circulate the water enough to get the oxygen into the water with just water movement unless you add a waterfall or something.

good point......DWC is the one im going for :)

This looks to be some weird combo of aeroponics and drip. I would also be really concerned with my roots sitting in a solution that is not being aerated with an air pump and stone. I just don't think that the little sprinkler at the top of the pot is going to do it. A lot of this is just sales hype. I have air pumps that are quiet. A water pump in your res raises the temps enough that you often need a chiller--an expensive item. Pcduck has called it with all the potential problems with water pumps, timers.

I have dabbled some in systems that use water pumps and misters or drippers. I have found nothing that beats DWC--just my $.02.

The Hemp Goddess said:
This looks to be some weird combo of aeroponics and drip. I would also be really concerned with my roots sitting in a solution that is not being aerated with an air pump and stone. I just don't think that the little sprinkler at the top of the pot is going to do it. A lot of this is just sales hype. I have air pumps that are quiet. A water pump in your res raises the temps enough that you often need a chiller--an expensive item. Pcduck has called it with all the potential problems with water pumps, timers.

I have dabbled some in systems that use water pumps and misters or drippers. I have found nothing that beats DWC--just my $.02.

Yeah,,cause even a good drip system uses an airstone in the res.

why is this even an isue.if you doubt the dwc system,then try the other thing.its all a preference thing.its the grower,not the system that screws up most of the time.

Latest posts

Back