DWC water usage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamexican686

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am about to do 6 5 gal. bucket set up for DWC and I was wondering how much water people went through a week for each bucket. I am asking, so I can get the right amount of nutrients for my next budding cycle. PS I'm using advanced nutrients n there expensive another reason!

I guess it depends on two things.
1/ How much water do they drink, and 2/ how much evaporiation takes place.

I have an 18gal rubermaid with two big plants, and I add about 1gal of just H2O every 36hrs.

Ok, thanks I didn't even think about the water that gets absorbed good stuff man!

There is no way to determine that. Different strains can have way different water needs.

Have you looked at General Hydroponics Flora series of nutes (bloom, micro, grow)? They are quite a bit cheaper than AN and (IMO) just as good.

Dwc and advanced nutes?

Well, not off to a great start but if you must go that route, i strongly encourage you to perhaps give a glance at an ebb & grow setup. (hint hint)

Advanced nutrients, like Canna, use very refined mineral nutrients in higher chelated proportions, in other words, they dont rely on microbial as much to absorb the nutrients.

If you are beginning, i dont think you will see much benefit over one fert or the othr, jmo.

I am fairly new to growing I have 1 crop under my belt, but I have been researching FOR EVER! (over a year w/ only 3 months of actual growing). So not very high on experience so all is apreciated and I was looking into the flora series, because I was worrying about the whole coco thing what jbonez was talking about above. Hey Goddess could you please point me in the right direction for the flora series.

What are some other good nutrients for DWC and what r the one I should stay away with?

I like and use GH 3 part in my DWC. They are cheap, easy to use and gives you great results.

Cutting edge solutions 3 part.

I went with the Flora series i agree with the guy at the hydro shop that the organic matter might clog up my system with the floralicious and flora nova series. Im getting some cool bloom liquid n powder n ripen when its time for flowering.

Flora is good stuff. Just remember TO READ the amounts you need to use. Dont want to over do it. Waste of money and can hurt your plants :)

i use the gh flora series 3 part in dwc and e&f... as well as in dirt...good price and alot of hydro growers use it...so theres LOTS of info on these forums, like smokey said above...make sure to watch how much you use...best advice i could suggest would be to grab a TDS meter...reads your nutes in PPM so you know exactly how much you have in solution, because if you just mix it by the bottle you will be way too strong, with a meter you can mix it in the correct ratio, and ramp it up or down based on your PPM reading...JMO, i am not an expert my any means....good luck!

Yes I went half strength on the feeding schedule the guy atthe hydro shop gave me, he said the 3-2-1 can be kinda strong and the plants can stress, so I took what he gave me and cut it half strength. Now I have some good growth going on. I am gathering info n pics, but I dont know how to postpics its crazy or i need to learn how to down size the pics, how do u do that I looked for it on the forum, but I cant find it.

Latest posts

Back