East Coast/West Coast, Outdoor Satori grow off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 ml bloom and 30 ml micro per gallon ?? dang chef, thats like 4 times the recommended amt of micro . . . and you are finding it helpful with no ill effects, huh ??

Put in some work out back yesterday. Added more supports on the tent, definitely a lot sturdier. Also put some 6mil plastic to block view from distant neighbor now that I've cleared fence line. Kinda sketched out on the shear size of them this year, but a risk I'll take for the end results.

Wake n bake sunday morning :bong: Have a great day everyone :fly:

21.JPG

Color me green with envy.

Beautiful, big luscious looking plants. Outstanding job. I can't wait to see how the girls finish up!

Can' wait to see the beautiful, HUGE, luscious buds developing on those plants -- amazing -- envy to the power of ten.

Most excellent growing!

Peace

THANKS THG and Hemper!!

Swear these girls are on roids and hiding it from me... Here's that one's trunk I posted a little while back. Friggin thing is trying to grow so fast its splitting itself open...

Hope you all are having a great Sunday. I definitely have been :bong:

22.JPG

So when I cleaned up under the girls skirts, I took 6 of the clipping and attempted to clone. It's been like 8 or 9 days, and got home today to my first successfully rooted clone ever :D

It's kind of weird the 4 Satori clippings arent looking too great, like heat damage I think. It's been too hot out there, but one rooted so far. The 2 Beyond the Brain clippings look good, but no roots yet. We'll see. What's an average for visible roots when clones? How many days?

23.JPG

Congrats on your first successful clone, ston . . . try and keep em right around 80, too hot/wet and they stem rot . . . roots should show in 10-14 days, but 8 or 9 days is bonus !!

Hope the little ones grow up to be just like their moms hehe

What are you going to do with those clones now ston? Have a home for them?

Cool Dan, thanks for the info. My set up isn't exactly ideal, and temps have been in the 90's during the day. We'll see what happens. Not needing the clones at all, just trying to see if I could do it. Yeah Drft, they'll have a home with a couple friends if they turn out. I may keep one, straight to flower outside and have a baby next to mama, haha.

:clap:

well done ston...You really went out on that pvc roof support..:stoned:...and the stalks of these OD girls gets wild crazy...Ill be getting a few more walking sticks...made a couple from last summer...they a big convo starter when ya out and about:D....do you have drain holes under the totes?...and have ya moved them at all?...one more question I have is Have ya had much rain?...we been like 4 weeks now since we had rain..so I use my garden hose with the sprayer set on shower...I do this to help rinse the girl as well as strengthen stalks for the rains that will come...a fews years back I learned the weight from rain was snapping branches at the stalk...just a FYI...

Its Magic Time:lama:

Thanks man. Yeah totally geeked out with the PVC, haha. Yes have holes on the bottoms. Have only moved them a little to position them under the tent. Hasn't rained here at all since maybe April. Oddly have been picking minor PM off one of them. Weird it's just the one plant. Didn't really think soaking them with the hose would help that? Maybe early in the day so the sun dries them off by evening. 4U, when do you usually put plastic on your hoops? Do you put them on and off? Or leave them up once they're up? Finally got them goin on bloom nutes yesterday too. Rockin and Rollin now!

So check it out. Got home today to another rooted clone, and the first one shooting tons of roots. Whipped up some soil and planted the two. All 4 Satori clippings are looking way haggard. Leaning more to a ph issue than heat. But I dont know. Just odd the 2 Beyond The Brains are looking good, just no roots yet. Pretty obvious in the pics which are not looking too good. We'll see how these turn out soon enough. Flushed enough ph'd water into the two planted ones that hopefully see some signs of it clearing up. Any thoughts?

24.JPG

25.JPG

Let them get a nice web of roots. I mean a good long 6" mass. The recovery time is a fraction of that when a clone has a couple tiny shoots coming out. They dont skip a beat. I just go straight into a medium thats been cooking with lime and some myco. Then on to GH3 or whatever. That twisting is from PH outta whack.

Well done Ston-loc!

Well done Drft.

This grow journal has been a treat all the way thru.

Thanks Rose.

Yeah NC, was planning to keep them in there until there were more roots, but wanted to flush em out to try to fix the ph. How would I do that with just the rock wool cubes with the clones in them? Also odd the ph doesn't seem to be affecting the BTB. Only the Satoris

Oh your saying that was happening while rooting. Before they went into the medium. And it looked stellar when you clipped it? If thats the case IDK. PH is not really that critical when your trying to root clones.

Yeah, exactly. They looked great as clippings and that has happened in the rockwool cubes under the dome. If you click on the pic of the tray with the dome off you can see the other two satori clippings that look the same.

ALL 6 for 6 have roots! :yay: Going to keep them in the dome a bit more. STOKED! Another new thing learned :D

Congrats- I'm learning cloning too. And made a pretty cool little humidity chamber for them (see DIY section for details)
I'm also trying the 'super simple cloning' (SSC) method at the same time, mentioned in sticky. (in propagation section)

So far out of the batch all are still alive at 5 days and looking good. In one place I even see some new growth already. Tried some rockwool and some coco peat pucks- didn't like the rockwool at all. Just a tactile, user friendly sort of thing that wasn't working for me and there was no easy way to attach my plant labels. :( I'll admit when I bought it I "thought" is was Grodan- but when I got it home - clearly a no name brand, so that might have something to do with it. I've also had miserable luck with jiffy pots and won't try them ever again.
I love coco and am hoping those will work out. I used a coco/perlite mix in the SSC method. None have died yet (YIPEE), three are showing slight yellowing. Ooops -- I seem to have run on some- didn't meant to hijack.
Mostly congrats on adding a new skill to the repertoire. I think confident cloning is an important thing for any grower to master.

One big secret for me- only mist twice per day. Don't kill them with kindness. I think HemperFi said is best "ignore them"

Latest posts

Back