electricity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipperz

Reaction score
which is better to save on electricity a t5 4ft-4 lamp or a 400w mh light
icon5.gif

zipperz said:
which is better to save on electricity a t5 4ft-4 lamp or a 400w mh light
icon5.gif

The T5 uses less electricity and produces less bud.

good morning to all..
run a hps for veg... better then the t5, lil more energy used more bud.. but yet still less power then the mh and less heat.. IMO
LH

I use a T5 for veg and doubt that I will ever go back to a MH. I get nice tight internodal spacing and bushy plants vegging with a T5. You can keep the light within inches of the top of your plants, use less electricity, and the heat is easier to control.

For flowering though, you just can't beat a HPS.

If you're going for electricity savings you might want to look into LEDs. I've seen some pretty good plants grown under LEDs. Plus you will save on cooling your room, all that you need to do is get fresh air in there but you really don't have to worry about exhausting any heat.

stonedrone said:
If you're going for electricity savings you might want to look into LEDs. I've seen some pretty good plants grown under LEDs. Plus you will save on cooling your room, all that you need to do is get fresh air in there but you really don't have to worry about exhausting any heat.

Yep, save $300 on your power and spend $1000+ for a LED setup:confused: . the math just doesnt add up quite right

greenfriend said:
Yep, save $300 on your power and spend $1000+ for a LED setup:confused: . the math just doesnt add up quite right

the math dont add up because your looking at the "now" picture or purchase picture... you buy the LED's once 1000$ use less power from there on + u dont have to exchange air as much or atleast as long. money saved right there..

but in the yr or so after u have used it your power "bill" will show you your savings... also you wont be buying them 30-120$ hps bulbs either..

.. just cuz your paying less for a set up dosent mean your saving money. chances are with the cut backs youve cost yourself money with repairs and such.. blaze one im of to wrk again..
LH

LEFTHAND said:
the math dont add up because your looking at the "now" picture or purchase picture... you buy the LED's once 1000$ use less power from there on + u dont have to exchange air as much or atleast as long. money saved right there..

but in the yr or so after u have used it your power "bill" will show you your savings... also you wont be buying them 30-120$ hps bulbs either..

.. just cuz your paying less for a set up dosent mean your saving money. chances are with the cut backs youve cost yourself money with repairs and such.. blaze one im of to wrk again..
LH

@ A loss of finished product, the cost saving from the LED's is really going to take a while to add up.

A thousand for a LED set-up. Just curious as to what people are using for LED's.

Growdude said:
@ A loss of finished product, the cost saving from the LED's is really going to take a while to add up.

he never mentioned anything about using the LED's for flower... or i could have taken it wrong but when i hear T5s and MH i think veg.. so LED's would be the 'cheapest' to "run" .. then the T5s.. but you know that..
there should be no loss in the finished product if he switched over to the hps..

a wise man told me once. a HPS will do you great for veg..
and a 1000$ for LEDs is a lil costly....
LH

I don't know where you guys are shopping for your leds but I will sell you one right now. Why don't you try to do some research on the subject before you try to refute an opinion? The question was electricity and LEDs far outperform any other form of lighting out there as far as gram per kilowatt hour are concerned. Look around on the internet before you disagree with that.

Latest posts

Back