Elongated dark period to induce flower??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamucc

is NORML
Reaction score
I can't find it, but I know it's somewhere in jorge's bible.

Something like 36 hours dark when switching to flower?
3 x 12 hour dark periods to induce...

What do you all think ?? I HAVE to flip the switch. A week earlier than planned but I'm running out of room!!

Hope everyone had a Stoney weekend.

Just put them on 12/12. All you'll do by denying them light for 36 hrs is slow down the start of flowering.

good luck!

did it a couple grows back they tuck around 2 weeks to start i also ran the same clones with out the 36 hours dark they started flowering about the same time so if you ask me it's a waste of time
peace fruity

Mel i dont think it slows them down just save 24hours use of electric shame my GJ arnt still here i could tell you how many days it tuck for both round

There was a thread on this subject a while back and the consensus was: Dark does nothing to help your plant at anytime during the grow process 24-0 then 12-12.

Thanks all!! They'll "fall asleep" tonight and be flowering tomorrow!!

nova do you not think 20-4 is less stressfull for the plant instead of 24-0 as far as i know everything that lives need to "sleep"
what do ya think m8 ?

The only people I've heard going 20-4 are growing autos. The more light time the faster it grows, I dont think a plant needs down time during veg. What do you say THG? Hick? could 20-4 cause a plant to hermie?

fruity86 said:
nova do you not think 20-4 is less stressfull for the plant instead of 24-0 as far as i know everything that lives need to "sleep"
what do ya think m8 ?

What about fish? :)

I have always grown everything that isn't flowering under 24 hours of light. Clones, seedling, young plants, 3 foot vegging monster, they all get 24 hours of light. I don't think it is harmful at all for the plants to not have dark time. Then when I want to flower I put them in the flowering room one day, that night they get their first 12 hour dark cycle, and I consider the next day the first actual day of "flowering". I should say though that I have only grown a handful of strains and have never grown vegging plants under 18-6 or anything other than 24 hours of light so I can't really compare the two.
(EDIT: I have given my plants a 24 hour dark period before the first day of flwoering but I see no difference between that and giving them 12 hours dark the first night.)

-SSF-

nova564t said:
The only people I've heard going 20-4 are growing autos. The more light time the faster it grows, I dont think a plant needs down time during veg. What do you say THG? Hick? could 20-4 cause a plant to hermie?

I don't think it has any negative effect at all. Some people veg 18/6, some 24/0, I don't see how 20/4 is going to stress the plants. JMO.
-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
I don't think it has any negative effect at all. Some people veg 18/6, some 24/0, I don't see how 20/4 is going to stress the plants. JMO.
-SSF-

Thanks SSF

lol nova were not talking about hermi's just that little bit more stress, like would you feel better haveing 6 hours sleep compared to none
i did some surfing and came across mixed reviews there dosent seem to be any hard data if its good or not so i dont no, i use 24-0 for vegging and have used 18-6 the only difference ive noticed is 24-0 the plants nodes are closer together then the 18-6 witch seem to grow taller but with wider node spaceing i suppose it what ever float ya boat realy
peace fruity

sensi fish do sleep well some do atleast other's go into a sort of rest state, they just dont have eye lids

fruity86 said:
sensi fish do sleep well some do atleast over go into a sort of rest state, they just dont have eye lids

Well done, well done indeed :D

Its ok to eat fish, cause they dont have any feelings.

Thanks for all the exchange folks!!

I run 18/6...because I'm a miser, and the hours of electrical add up!!

I was running regular soil pots, but since I've switched to the "global buckets" I'm AMAZED at the results so far. BIIGG FAATT stems. Tree Trunk like.

IDK maybe I'm better in the locker than I was in my closet? I can't wait to see the nugs tho!! :stoned:

Off the subject of the OP, but asked....

Some plants need a dark period. Some don't. Marijuana doesn't. It will grow (as opposed to stretch) all the time the lights are on. Running a 18/6 light schedule instead of a 24/7 simply lengthens the veg period and encourages stretch--you don't ultimately save electricity. Plants grown with a 24/7 light schedule instead of a 18/6 one will have closer internodal space, sometimes significant.

Latest posts

Back