Elvens first grow area build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best hydro method to keep a mother

• DWC

• Drip

• Ebb & Flow

• Aeroponics

Results are only viewable after voting.

Elven

420 Jedi
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is the beginning of my ever closer goal of my first crop :D
The pics today are of the area that I will be building in. I am in the midst of designing the actual structure but it will be approximately 5'x3'x8'. with two sides one 2'x3'x8' for vegetation and 3'x3'x8 for flowering. I will have two aeroponic systems one for Moms and veg and one for flowering. I am going to use the exhaust from my furnace to exhaust my carbon filter and the water runoff as a drain for my reservoirs. I am getting a 250w MH and a 250w HPS. let me know what you think and I will update as often as I can. Hoping to have the grow area ready for a Grand Daddy Purple clone grow starting the end of september.

ChatNoir said:
But there is no sense in crying over every mistake, you must go on trying till you run out of cake and the science gets done and you make a neat gun for the people still alive...

I love it when my 7 yo daughter sings that song on rockband :) its so much fun

Elven said:

Fitting song I believe. Being a father is an envious thing to be...

OK Here are the pics. growarea1.jpg

growarea2.jpg

Looking good... Is that a water heater? Is that where you are going to build it.

KGB30 said:
Looking good... Is that a water heater? Is that where you are going to build it.

That is the furnace. Yes that is where I am going to build. I am going to be putting in an isolated circuit and building a grow closet. I will keep this updated as it progress'

While I wait for my electrician to have time to setup the circuits. I am working on my aeroponic units. Here is the layout of each device. Please let me know what you think of my design.

View attachment Layout of net pots.pdf

Elven said:
That is the furnace. Yes that is where I am going to build. I am going to be putting in an isolated circuit and building a grow closet. I will keep this updated as it progress'

How much heat does that furnace put off..

KGB30 said:
How much heat does that furnace put off..

by the time I actually use the furnace the heat will be a good thing. It only drops below freezing here for a few months and that is only in the morning. I dont think it will be an issue. Thanks for the concern, to be perfectly honest my garage was so messed up before I "decided" to clean it out before my build. That I really have no idea of the temp range yet. I am hoping that between the lights and venting I can keep it where I need it. :D

Elven said:
by the time I actually use the furnace the heat will be a good thing. It only drops below freezing here for a few months and that is only in the morning. I dont think it will be an issue. Thanks for the concern, to be perfectly honest my garage was so messed up before I "decided" to clean it out before my build. That I really have no idea of the temp range yet. I am hoping that between the lights and venting I can keep it where I need it. :D

it's not hard to keep your plants cool just a little elbow greese.lol

okay my friend looking forward to the pic udates...when are we building? come on lets get GROWING allready..lol..Im just a dirt farmer and only bath in large tubs of water.. so I will be of no help on hydro..but do know a bit about room disign and build..Good luck and be safe

How is everything buddie? Good night!!

Elven said:

I just got rock band the other day and its fun Still like guitar hero better. lol. I know im too old to be playing but I have lots of time and energy. :D

Nice setup. Cant wait for some plants to fill your whole room up and you can get your smoke on. lol.

megan23247 said:
I just got rock band the other day and its fun Still like guitar hero better. lol. I know im too old to be playing but I have lots of time and energy. :D

Nice setup. Cant wait for some plants to fill your whole room up and you can get your smoke on. lol.

you are not to old, age is a frame of mind I will get the next guitar hero cuz its going to have Hendrix on it :D

4u2sm0ke said:
okay my friend looking forward to the pic udates...when are we building? come on lets get GROWING allready..lol..Im just a dirt farmer and only bath in large tubs of water.. so I will be of no help on hydro..but do know a bit about room disign and build..Good luck and be safe

I am starting the build today :D :D :D cant wait will update pics tonight

OK very quick update, damn i cant wait to get this up and running. I got the base designed. and in the pics you can see the containers that I am going to use for my aero design. One as a res and the other for the sprayers and pots. I should have three sides finished this weekend(wish me luck) I ordered my t8 grow lamps for veg/mothers I have two of the following I say have as per my normal run of the mill luck they only sent me one, no big deal they are sending the others but it would be nice if something would run smooth you know :hairpull:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250280318853

I am hoping to get my HID light in a few weeks right before I get my clones. mmmmm yummmy OG Kush :rolleyes: Really hoping that this will keep my electricity bill lower than two HID with simular results.

frame base.jpg base top view.jpg

Latest posts

Back