Extremely Hot Climates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Was thinking in the future 6 months from now where temperatures in my area with reach 100 and above for sometimes weeks at a time.

What do you guys do to keep your temperatures down in this situation? I know a lot of you probably just turn the air conditioner on and not think twice, but I can't afford to run it all day.

Would running 18/6 with the 6 hours of darkness a day during the hottest hours work?

Not grow at all during this period (Extremely hard for me! :icon_smile:)?

If we could discuss I think it would help people gather ideas on what to do in very hot conditions!

Thanks!

Big:eek:

Running lights at night and as most dark period as ya can do while its hot sunny...Good to see ya again...Hope ya haveing Great Holliday

I do not grow during the summer. Electricity and (my fear of) increased insect activity have prevented me from even trying. A/C is really the only answer to effectively cool your grow space. My electricity bills are high enough over the summer as it is between cooling the house, running the pool, etc.

My solution is to run as hard as possible when I can. I expect to pull at least 4lbs of dry bud from 3 harvests before the end of May. I'm getting ready to chop the first this weekend and a new batch of clones is already ready to roll.

If your just vegging you should be ok with fans. I cant afford to dedicate an A/C to my grow either so, I just use LED(Advanced LED 180w) to flower during the hot months and I dont have to add any extra a/c's. It does reduce yeild, but its only about 2 months and then I kick the hps back on.

I'm thinking I might have to switch to the 80 watt 4 Foot florescents for veg. I have a MH, and it is awesome for veg, but when dealing with heat I can grow pretty healthy plants with the 4 footers with zero heat issues.

Latest posts

Back