Falling Economy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would never have thought that our falling country would ever hit so close to home and to my hart, today it has. I hit me about two months ago when I lost my job due to poor sales for the company. At first I was mad as hell, but I grew past it and I am doing better now. But today it hit home.

My mother "bless her hart" lost her job today due to a falling economy. The company that she worked for, fired her due to cutting costs. She has worked for his company for almost 18 years 40+ hours a week, most time of the time 50+ hours a week. Monday to Friday/Saturday sun up to sun down and what to they do? They let her go with no two week notice to find another job "if she can because of where they live", no insentives, nothing. Just, sorry we have to let you go. My fother as well is just about one foot out the door due to the falling auto market.

Now my parents "middle class" have no real saving to live off of "in part of there CC debt which is there falt" if my mother cant find a job A.S.A.P. As most Americans have done, my parents bought there first house with a martgage. Now if they loose the house, my parents have really no where to go. Due to there age which they are not that old, but still is almost IMPOSSABLE to start over. This is due to most part in which state they live in. Just the fallest falling state economy in America:( They have no parents to live with, lol cant live with me because I live with my moms sister :) and they cant live with my sister because she and her husband had to move back in with them. So now its not just one family it two :( I really do think am going to have to not just grow for fun anymore, so my hole entire family dosent have to live on the streets. I really dont know if I could live with my wonderful, sweet, loving family living on the streets and I dont think they could eather.

What is a person to do when such a huge, overwhelming situation is placed on you sholders as this one is??? For me, am willing to do anything for my family to keep them off the streets. My parents and sister have worked TO hard, TO much time, for this to happen to them. NO ONE, not one person should have to live on the streets for this type of situation.__________________

Sorry to hear about your family's downfalls. It really is a crappy time, business is slow on all fronts. Hopefully with Obama in office the people that really need help will be able to get it.

good luck bro. hope things turn around fast for you.

I feel for you man. I myself have been working little hours.and seeing my house slowly slip out of my hands. My sister is going to lose her home due to her ol man not having a job for 4 months. My other sister has worked less hours and her husband has cancer and hasn't worked for almost a year. So there losing it too.
I grow to get him mmj so he can eat and keep a little for me and my wife.
I have thought of growing for extra money but don't feel comfortable with it...

So I feel for ya. Hope all works out.

its happening everywhere in the states. i've worked about 3 weeks since may of last year. i believe things are gonna get worse before they get better for alot of us. i've also thought about using some of what i grow to make some extra cash to help out but then i think about what it will cost if i get caught. the little money i'd make wouldn't help my family a bit while im in prison. just remember this to shall pass.

also shouldn't your mom be able to draw unemployment if she worked there that long im sure she can and that will help till she finds something else.

goodluck and stay safe

as most of you know,i live in Mi and i have seen many,many people evicted out of homes that have been in the family for generations.especially the farmers.they take out loans due to crop failures and then get screwed on the price of their hard earned crops.
i spoke with a father and son a few weeks back.they were trying to make spare money by doing re-modeling work.they have been farmers all their life and are just doing any and everything totry and survive.the son has a family himself and is trying to help his dad keep the farm that has been in the family for over 150 yrs.he knows hes going to lose it tho,just a matter of time.that hurts my heart.
alot of people here depend on the auto industry and they are slowly going under.what do you do?some of these people make 28 + an hour and have lived comfortably for yrs.how do you afford to live off of minimum wage,when you have made this money for yrs.its just very frustrating to me,to see on every street around here,homes that are in foreclosure and for sale signs everywhere.its very dis-heartening.

andy52 said:
as most of you know,i live in Mi and i have seen many,many people evicted out of homes that have been in the family for generations.especially the farmers.they take out loans due to crop failures and then get screwed on the price of their hard earned crops.
i spoke with a father and son a few weeks back.they were trying to make spare money by doing re-modeling work.they have been farmers all their life and are just doing any and everything totry and survive.the son has a family himself and is trying to help his dad keep the farm that has been in the family for over 150 yrs.he knows hes going to lose it tho,just a matter of time.that hurts my heart.
alot of people here depend on the auto industry and they are slowly going under.what do you do?some of these people make 28 + an hour and have lived comfortably for yrs.how do you afford to live off of minimum wage,when you have made this money for yrs.its just very frustrating to me,to see on every street around here,homes that are in foreclosure and for sale signs everywhere.its very dis-heartening.

yeah, speaking of the auto industry, i just lost my job as a service manager for a reputable dealership, but fortunately they kept on at a lower rate as a technician. Now, i have to learn how to fix cars instead of customers problems, something my degree will most likely not help me with. Kinda why i havent been active. When you make 3000 between you and your wife and your bills a month are 4500 dollars (zero cc debt just a ridiculously big house lol) its kinda hard to not get depressed. And i cant resort to selling, ive got pound of premo but the thought of putting my wife in jeapordy terrifies me ya know. end rant. lol.

My thoughts go out to you Smokey, and the rest of the posters.

I went thru the same thing, only about 6 years ago.

I worked for a fortuen 500 company.For 14 years. I was a Project Manager for R&D.Worked 12-14 hour days, and loved it. I woke up every morning looking forward to going to work.
One day we had a Plant wide meeting. They told us we were shutting down the plant in 6 months and the equipment and our jobs are moving to Mexico.

Nice.

Lomg story short, thank God for herb.

Times are pretty sucky. :( I feel bad for the folks that have taken direct hits.

Hopefully it will get better. Only time will tell.

Is not just your part of the world.

2 FinancialNews.jpg

Residential and commercial building has pretty much stopped. renos and stuff still trucking slowly, but anything new has pretty much dried up. Logging, lumber recycling, plywood/sheathing plants laying off, Logging, Concrete manuf. and foundation guys, Cabinet/millwork, builder framers roofers, sheetrockers, trim, furniture, list goes on. :( Gettin bad 'round these parts :(
then textile and stuff closing past yr. lotta jobs going to china now.

Thw owrse thing get tme more people need "Drugs" to get by.

Whenever you people get sick of the economy doing these up's and down's, start boycotting Bof A and Chace manhattan...

Notice they are the only two large banks left?

At the end of the day whose money are you working for?

Your bosses...

...Or the bank, since their name is on the check.

sorry to read all of this...listen thing will get better..I got sick ten years ago and was in VA hospital for over a year...the va picked up medical bills , thank god...but everything else was way past due...house being foreclosed on repoed my pickup..irs took my saving to pay back taxes...times were really bleak for me..after feeling sorry for meself I cleaned out the house had huge garage sales..sold everything...down to one chair no tv no phone..just bare basics anyway refinanced house got current on bill and slowlly got back on my feet..took over four years..but i did it and things got better..and they will for all of you..don`t do something stupid and get into more trouble I `ll pray for you all.

YEEE HAAA.
anyways the bankin system has failed us all. they have there hands out asking the Gov for help cause they got greedy, which screwed us inreturn. and if we ask for help from them they slap our hands..........
sorry im not going to reply to this thread anymore im too pised and Hick will hurt me if i start saying what i want

city said:
YEEE HAAA.
anyways the bankin system has failed us all. they have there hands out asking the Gov for help cause they got greedy, which screwed us inreturn. and if we ask for help from them they slap our hands..........
sorry im not going to reply to this thread anymore im too pised and Hick will hurt me if i start saying what i want
;) city, my friend, I DID reply to this post, but immeadiatly upon reading it, I deleted it..:eek:
..Just ain't worth the effort...:confused2:
But I "will" say this.. More social programs are NOT going to repair our economy...
It didn't work for FDR in the 20's, and it ain't gonna work now...dishing out billions of taxpayers dollars to already proven inept and corrupt banking industry and car companies, is NOT going to fix it... but now I'm tiptoeing along the lines of political discussion.. "my BAD"..;) end of political discussion. :p

..wait.. "one" more comment ;).. while congress told the auto executives that due to the failing state of our economy, that "they" should work for one dollar this year ($1). They (congress) also voted "themselves" a $4,000 a year raise..:ignore: Must be 'cause of the fine job they have done for us and the economy. ehh?

My sympathies go out to those who are suffering in this disaster. It is amazing how the greed of a few on Wall Street who engineered the sub-prime loan fiasco has screwed not only the USA but the whole planet. Things will get better but not quickly and we haven't seen the bottom yet

It's not like we just make up money out of thin air is it?

...is it?

I have some older money, seems back then it used to be worth some gold...than silver...now, nothing.

Thanks to the Federal Reserve, that privately owned corporation who makes money for the gov, then loans it...AT INTEREST.

I feel for you smokey my older brother just lost his job and his house he was living in now hes livin with my older brother and his wife and 2 kids in a 3 bedroom house. hes looking for a job so am i we are both thinking bout going into the army or marines but i know i cant do it id have to quit smokin cigs and pot and im not going to risk my life for a country thats slowly going down the drain thats why im also growing alot of pot this year got to get some income some how well take it easy man got to go

Kindbud said:
I feel for you smokey my older brother just lost his job and his house he was living in now hes livin with my older brother and his wife and 2 kids in a 3 bedroom house. hes looking for a job so am i we are both thinking bout going into the army or marines but i know i cant do it id have to quit smokin cigs and pot and im not going to risk my life for a country thats slowly going down the drain thats why im also growing alot of pot this year got to get some income some how well take it easy man got to go

You should serve your country cause you love her not because of poloticians. Fair weather friends should just be citizens.

Banking companies didnt fail us Fortune 500 companys did

Latest posts

Back