Fan Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowgrow

Reaction score
So I currently have a 6" 160cfm exhaust and a 4" 80cfm intake. My room isn't air tight so there is also air being drawn passively from the cracks in the door frame, floor, etc. Anyway, the 6" exhaust is old and rather loud. My grow room is located in a closet in my bedroom and it exhausts to a room underneath, so noise is kinda an issue. I plan on adding a carbon filter in a few weeks when i go 12/12, but until then its just fans.

So I want to get rid of the 6" and replace it with either hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/valueline-inch-171-cfm-centrifugal-inline-fan-p-2259.html or hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/valueline-inch-435-cfm-centrifugal-inline-fan-p-2260.html , and im not sure which to get. I know logically the more CFM the better, but is 435 CFM on the 6" really necessary when my active intake is only 80 CFM? Or will I be okay with the 171 CFM 4", keeping in mind that I plan on adding a filter to the exhaust? My growroom is 4x5x8 so only 160 CFM.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the C.A.P. ValuLine Fans? Are they relatively quiet and dependable?

Thanx :banana:

Latest posts

Back