feeding schedules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DankCannabis

Bong Ripper
Reaction score
Now i know every plant runs on a different schedule. but this isn't a wet and dry cycle thread. i'm interested to know. when feeding, what is your pattern. do you feed it nutes every time you water it, or do you only feed nutrients every other chance. this has been a question on my mind for quite sometime and decided now's as good time as any to get opinions on the topic.

I water with a tea once every 3-4 weeks.

I think it's house the plant responds and what your feeding it. I'm still at about 1/2 nite strength every water/feeding. If I saw some nute happening I might just do water the next time and until the new growth is not burnt or the leaves stop clawing o or whatever the problem may be from over feeding specific nite like NPK

If you are feeding commercial nutrients, they usually have a recommended feeding schedule. What are you feeding them?

A feeding schedule also depends on the type of medium you are growing in. I feed my plants every 6hrs. However, I am in hydro and I have a 30ish gallon reservoir that top-feeds the plants a nutrient solution every time it waters, which is 4x per 24hr period. :)

I'm doing a soil grow and I've been mixing the general hydroponics flora "-bloom-grow-micro". to the set measurements and then watering it down to prevent from nute burn. i have been feeding her nutes at just about every water. with the exception of 1 or 2 times. my lady doesn't seem to have any problems on the surface but i want to make sure i'm not running a risk of internally causing trauma.

Is this for soilless or hydro? You can feed a lesser amount of nutrients at every watering. That is basically what hydro does. The key is to using the proper amount every time. If you gradually increase the dose until you see a little leaf tip burn, then back off about 20%. That will carry you through veg, but then during flower you will want to reduce the grow to nothing and increase the bloom x2 and the micro increase by x1.5 and that should carry you to the finish. If you are in soilless medium then you will need to flush it just when you are cutting off the "grow" nute. This will clean out the buildup in the medium.

soilless? i'm cofused by that word. it's a soil grow if that's what it means my good sir. and yes i've been guiding myself by a chart of deficiencies. i'm sure you all know the one. but she seems to be doing well. i was just very curious as too if too constant of a feed could damage my root system, but you technically answered my question hushpuppy. thank you, i have another type of food for flowering though, i'll post the details when i go take a look at it later today. thank you all for the love and assistance. happy tokin :vap-Bong_smoker:

Sorry to confuse you :doh: I think I looked at this after I had burned a bowl and I missed the first part where you said you are doing a soil grow :stoned: Soilless is when you use a medium that is not "natural soil"(field or organic soil). Soilless mediums are coco coir, Promix, Sunshine mix, clay pebbles(aka Hydroton), or Rockwool. So you are in natural soil but you are feeding synthetic nutes? or Organic nutes? Either way, you can do low intensity/high volume feeding as I stated above. Some people prefer to do a heavy feed then only water for the next 1-2 waterings then feed again. I prefer to feed continuously so that the roots don't stretch out to find new nutrients and become root bound as much.

right now i'm feeding every 7 days and i'm calculating by weight. i should be good. thanks again hushpuppy for the reassurance that i was on the right track.
as to when i hit flower i will switch over to general hydroponics floranova's grow n bloom.

Latest posts

Back